Let the people who never find true love keep saying there's no such thing - manin
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

We exist to keep on existing

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Going through a very hard time lately and somehow I've come to realize why we exist. It was just a random thought and I can't think of a better place to post this and discuss what I'm thinking. But as for my "revelation", I Thought that the only reason we exist is to keep existing.I mean That's why we create right? Make living easier and more managable. For us and hopefully future generations. Creating new ways to keep going, And have the kids that will carry on our race create just as much as we have now and more. My other posts haven't really gotten many posts as I have seen.. But this is something that is really bothering me and would Be really happy If this topic would expand and see what all of you think about this.. Since I know damn well you do have something to say. I'll be checking this post inparticular a lot more often if I see this is getting good feedback!!

~ laterr

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, i really dont think theres an exact reason why we exist,and if theres is, no one can guarantee its 100% correct, so all youre going to get is opinions of course. and sometimes when we go through hard times, our thinking gets irrational, but soemtimes it also opens up new doors. i dont really see what conclusion youve come to anyway... its a given that we exist to keep existing...what is one supposed to comment on exactly?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think 'why we exist' is a very simple concept. Existence is anything that comprises of matter and space (so everything in the universe). As humans we cannot exist without information that controls our development and function. This information is genetic-DNA. Human existence is genetically inherrited.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just thought I had stumbled upon something that made a little bit of sense at the time.. to me it seems to fall together perfectly

58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RaTyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Origin: L. Existere, exsistere, to step out or forth, emerge, appear, exist; ex out + sistere to cause to stand, to set, put, place, stand still.

We exist and keep existing without effort - either conscious or unconscious on our parts. Perhaps you were looking for the reason we persevere rather than exist. Or the reason we adapt, overcome, continue, conquer..........

""I do not wish my pockets to be searched.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 34yrs • M •
Isn't there a reason for everything? Question everything to get answers.. Find a reason why..Even if it's as complicated as our existence..There has to be a logical explaination. right?

37yrs • M •
I believe there are reasons for everything. That is not saying that there are answers though.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the reason as in perhaps a casue for everything sure (from what casued x to the grand master plan for x).. a reason why things simply exist is differnt though.. which were you guys interpreting it as? any alternativess??

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
(lik what casued me too exist (all the actions and substances that eventually made me) and what is the purpose for me to exist to me is waaaayyy different than why do i simply exist?

35yrs • M •

40yrs • M •
would you say tthe word reason is closer to purpose than to cause? i think there a distinction between why for casues purposes reasons, and why does it simply exist (not its purpose or casse.. maybe im ciontradicting myself but i feel can have differnt feeling/meaning of the word why.. perhaps language cant really descrinbe that feeling..hmm

37yrs • M •
quote:
There are causes however no reasons

how can that be?

something triggers a cause to occur and therefore a reason is established. Purpose and cause are divisions of reason. A cause has a purpose. A purpose and cause have properties that provide reasons for behaving in certain ways with regard to it. A cause is an action. All actions have reasons. Cause and purpose is a reason for action.

35yrs • M •

40yrs • M •
intresting sleeping.. i think the word reason is often interpreted either as a purpose or a cause but perhaps it seems its most often inerpreted as a purpose.. now that think of it.. if i want to do x becasue i will get some benifit so i do x.. (theres casues) and theres a purpose, but just not purhaps some greater purpose but a reason/purpse (which can change) fo a motive for future action, can it work the other way around? nevermind that probly didnt make much sense.. theres causes in the purposes outcome and perhasps the origin.. well can there be a purpose without a cause?actually that question is not that interesting, is there a 'greater' purpose how ever you wold define if so what would it be... cause sometimes we say whats the point (to whatever) then an obvious answer is to achieve this aim (whatever it is however 'small' it is' ultimelty to get some kind of benifitis.. we call purposes(to achieve the aim but more so to get benifits (or whatveer you think is your motive for acheiving the aim, why you want to).. so what would a"greater" purpose be (that i hear perhaps religous people ) talk about..? to put us here to watch us experince good times bad times suffer pleasure judge us by our decisiions then award or punish us for it??

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy