Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 11

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How so? and how does that answer my question?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does not the very idea that a being created you to follow what it is just for the sake of making it the same as it or else abandoning it and causing relentless pain (hell) unless it seeks where first it started?

Its like a race...we all start at the same point (God) and end at the same point (God). Imagine its circular...some run faster than others; some slower..some even go backwards...but eventually we will all end where we started...and the judging...wll judging only takes place if and when you compare yourself to the other runners...Instead concentrate on your own race; use those further ahead for inspiration and those less far ahead...lend a helping hand.

""No words""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You'd feel unconiditional love because in order to love
humanity unconditionally you must not only love them for their natural goodness but also love the fact that humans are imperfect. It took a long time for me to love myself and others not in spite of their mistakes, but because of their mistakes. Love imperfection if you wish to love humans.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
not in spite of their mistakes, but because of their mistakes. Love imperfection if you wish to love humans.

But you admit they made mistakes that is judgement. You cannot love someone until you have judged them.

41yrs • M •
Etherealmake...

There are those that follow Jesus...and then there are those who understand Jesus.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
And your point is what? Anyone who understands Him will follow. But not all who follow understand

41yrs • M •
Rare are those who see with their own eyes. This may sound crude but Jesus is a brother; he is not a father.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
Again what is your point?

41yrs • M •
That there comes a point in time that the teachings of the Bible serve of little use and that you can help people without a manual. Just like true inventors don't do everything by the book but operate through their own hearts, which gudie them. Some people may do this without the teachings in the first place...thought they are rare, and I would question if this is probable.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
Just because you can chose to not use the Bible doesn't mean it has less use. Just that people today do not want to hear it and they prefer when people paraphrase it and tie it into personal experience.

41yrs • M •
I will predict a course of events if you were to be truthful.

My question to you:

Why do you believe God judges

Your reply:

Because it says so in the Bible

My question to you:

So you have faith in the Bible. Why?

Your reply:

Because in my experience, it fits well, it guides me through life, it rarely if ever fails me, I have had an incident in which I have become enlighted. I believe I know Jesus is the way to God.

In all your responses, you can never take you out of the equation. You have been shown the light nad Jesus shows you the way to the light.

For me personally, the light is within me, as it is in Jesus. Yet I am different from Jesus due to the change in the material world so what I say, unless absolutely pure, which it can't be becuase it is in language, is a prodcut of me. Now what I wish is that I can transcend all wants, all desires to become what I really am-which is spiritual. I can only do this, fully, by recognising simple things like what blue is really to me and not what the consensus view of what others 'tell' me what blue is. This is the only way to truly recognise and know, rather than believing, what reality is. But, absolutely yes...you shouldn't be ignorant of others teachings.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
You believe that God is already in all of us but this is not the case. God must be allowed (by our actions) to enter into our lives

41yrs • M •
So you think God's seperate from us? Why cant we live forever then?

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
It is because we are sperate from God that we cannot live forever. But we can connect to God and live forever if we allow Him to enter our lives

41yrs • M •
If annything, in essence or otherwise is seperate from God they are their own God. We are always connected to God; the problem is that we think of things like distance and time...which are illsuions or delusions of what really exists. Until this is understood a conversation cannot continue for it is like playing sound to a deaf person..and teaching the vibrations to them is something very difficult.

""No words""
A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 11
  7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy