If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children." - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are we all blind

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are we all blind
It seems to me in this age of enlightenment that we as a society have forgotten that we have three branches of government;The executive branch(President Bush),the judicial branch and the legislative branch(House of representatives and the Senate.) It seems we want to blame the executive branch and mainly one person in particular President Bush. That seems silly to me. The president does not control everything and to my understanding he controls very little. He is mainly a figurehead while the senate and or in control with the abilities to give themselves raises (which they do)

"choose to be happy today"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we don't know who 'runs' america, i don't anyway. he's just a puppet-but he's put himself there-so he should take the brunt. besides, sadly its the leader most people vote for; not the values.

""No words""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heyjme1 I hope you realize that your opinions should not include "we"..

You say you don't know who runs our country BUT admit to being quick to jump at President Bush? Maybe you should do your part and do some research before posting in this forum.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 41yrs • M •
the executive and legastative branch should take the brunt but one man has set himslf as chief; the person who should take the glory an the bashing.

lol ...for a change i really can say ith high certainty 'we' as in proaly everyone named in this forum don't know, though some re more informed than others.

Bush is the figurative leader.

Try this; who does Bush answer to? really? Oil tycoons? the people? advisers?

Bush, however, is a poor leader at least; look at his reaction to 9/11 in the nursery-clueless. He doesn't know the names of many leaders outside the US, the Pope didn't shake his hand. If you can't see this you are more ignorant han him. Sadly, this man is in a position of power.People are blind to truth....it was the same with Hitler...though nowhere near as bad, fortunately, at least I hope. I hope the US isn't trying to take over the middle east, though I sense my hope is misplaced.

I will happily slate someone with power who stands for economy over the people. And I am right to do so.

Just like a masterpiece painting; most just see the effect.

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
america wanted something from bush though
i have my sources so dont worry 'bout research
by the way it is my brothers on the frontline

41yrs • M •
quote:
by the way it is my brothers on the frontline

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

Roosevelt

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
i was supposed to go to iraq in sept.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heyjme1, I am going to ignore the fact that you made some very incoherent responses. I did somehow infer that you DO, in fact, assume that the people who post in this forum are as ignorant about government as yourself.

I hate to disagree. Your idea of the presidential seat being a figure head is alright for angsty kids who just want something to argue about, but I think that serious political conversation should be based on something a bit more concrete.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 41yrs • M •
After the disastrous 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion--a disaster which President Kennedy had guaranteed by foolishly giving the go-ahead based on boneheaded advice from the CIA and Joint Chiefs of Staff--our commander in chief took the blame. He told reporters "the quite obvious," as he put it: "I am the responsible officer of the government," and as such only he was accountable for the blunder. Privately, Kennedy asked presidential aide Theodore Sorensen rhetorically, "How could I have been so stupid?" Note the "I." Not how the CIA or Joint Chiefs could have been so stupid, but the ultimate first citizen.

""No words""
Are we all blind
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy