When your mom says try it you'll like it, you probably won't like it. - trumpy303
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

simple people everywhere vs. us

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that xxxxchelseaxxxx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you ever find that you are different from everyone else, i mean yes, everyone is different, but that there are some people that just dont 'get' you, my theory is that there are certain people that think above par, that are spiritual and have the capability to understand and question and then there are people who just dont, as hard as they try, understand anything yet think they have the answers to it all. aka, the simple people. ...?

this thread is alittle judgemental im aware and i apologize but i just find that there are only a select few in the world that are capable of thinking and understanding on a level beyond others.

any thoughts?

"wit is only educated insolence"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh boy...

why do you title them simple people? they might seem simple to you in one aspect of life.(understanding YOUR words or actions) but theres so many different aspects of their life that you dont see ( that might not be simple...)

different isnt bad, just different.
people are (probably) here to keep the world running, not to be stereotypical, but dont you think the kind of people youve described are here to keep the worlds flow.... flowing>?

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It has nothing to do with better thinking. Hitler was a radically different person. But we tend not to praise his accomplishments because we have decided as a majority that we find his behaviour unacceptable. It is not about being capable of thinking on a different level it is just a matter of doing it.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that xxxxchelseaxxxx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes i am indeed aware that these people are there to keep the world flowing im not denying the fact that there prescence serves a purpose im simply stating that it is very difficult when you have people in your life , or in the world, who are in a way simple.

Everyone thinks differentlty yes, but there definately is a difference between the enlightened or intelligent and the not.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What it comes down to is the fact that you are just not allowed to try to get people to conform to higher thinking because everyone has the right to be ignorant.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 34yrs • F •
the comical party about many of the people i am referring to is that they call me closed minded and tell me that i choose to wallow in my questions and intelligence instead of not thinking about it. and for that they call me closed minded, which i dont understand because isnt questioning life and theories and finding yourself and what you believe just part of living, how are these people happy or satisfied with not thinking about it, it baffles me

34yrs • F •
i just find myself never happy, never satisfied,. I am very fortunate in my life and have everything i could ask for and yet, its not enough. Nothing in the world makes me happy, i think too much, i play too little and i am stuck in a phase that just seems so difficult. and then fact that noone, aside from one person that i know, is able to relate to what im feeling or understand at all leaves me frustrated and sometimes jealous that they too are not suffering through this with me as bad as it sounds.

Noting in life seems to matter to me

41yrs • F •
hmm.sounds like me..
maybe you have too much? i started getting greedy. i took things away i didnt need and im happier i did.
well at least you know whats bothering you. maybe not pinpointed, but you have an idea. an idea of whats wrong is good when the time comes to fix it.

NOTHING in life matters? i hope you didnt mean that : ( if you need to talk i am here...

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I sooo agree with you I feel the same way im not satisfied with anything in my life constantly searching yearning for something I don't quite comprehend at this time.
These people serve a purpose??? Maybe or maybe its there fault that our lives are so based on material bull shit!! Would life not be simpler and more pleasant if we lived a medieval era style of life?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think it's a bad thing that nothing matters too you. I think you just need to look at why nothing matters too you. I'm in the same boat but by choice. I learned that all material goods mean nothing and that the only thing that matters to me is my existence. Sounds selfish and yes maybe it is but it helps me realise that things aren't needed. I don't need a new computer a new car and so on. As for the "simple people" it's fustrating but that's just the way they are. And, Decius is right all you can ask of these people is to have an open mind. Being to hard on people isn't a cure it just isolates you.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 41yrs • F •
no, i dont think thats a bad thing either, just sad. hmm material things mean very little to me also. they are just symbols, and in some cases just survival objects. jacker you dont sound selfish, in fact the opposite of it.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you have the right to think and think differently and were humans not animals and the whole thing "I think therefore I am.

"choose to be happy today"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is no inequality of individuals. the person who wishes to judge others needs first to judge themselves-everytime!

only understanding differentiates us yet understanding unites us.

""No words""
 34yrs • F •
oh i am constantly judging myself and it is through this judgment that i am able to compare myself to others and deduce the thoughts that i have. People are like animals and there are only certain breeds of human that have become enlightened enough to become anything but.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
simple people everywhere with us.

""No words""
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy