Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Biracial Racisim at Work

User Thread
 48yrs • F •
famali413 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Biracial Racisim at Work
***No I do not know you and you do not know me I am sending this mass email in an attempt to protect my sons integrity from a multimillion dollar company who stands by a white employee calling my son a nigger in a professional setting....Please read our story and help me in my fight as one voice cannot be heard but millions will!

My name is Angela Smithson, my # 1-508-579-1938/ 1-508-822-0697
I brought my son to my employer's (Amica Insurance Raynham Massachusetts) Bring Your Child to Work Day where a coworker greeted my 7 year old biracial son with 'Let me get down to his level Yo nigger what's up.' on 4/20/05. My son was deeply troubled by this racist remark. We do not use the word nigger in our household and as a result he had many questions. He cries at the drop of a dime still gets very upset when someone calls him black and tells me that he is sorry that he is black.
I contacted HR by phone on 4/22/05 with intentions of filing a complaint I was hung up on by the Assistant VP of HR. I then sent her an email which I still have explaining the whole situation. She did not take action. She has been in complete control of this investigation since June when I requested a formal complaint be made against this employee as she was harassing and threatening me.
It was not until a few weeks ago when I finally had enough and asked to file a formal complaint did they look into this. Their investigation was unfounded and as a result I was told to move on. I had explained to them since day one that this conversation was held between myself, this employee and my son and that I did not think anyone else heard. Their final decision was that My allegations were not proved, disproved or cooperated. However two members of management had told me that 'I don't think she meant any harm by that she had an exboyfriend who was black.'. This statement alone first shows that management is not shocked that she said something like this as she has a very foul mouth (she swears all day every day and also uses racial and homophobic remarks) and that they are protecting her for what ever reason.
This employee is now stalking, harassing and intimidating me daily. I have told management they will not act upon this, they said that this employee has every right to go where she pleases and do what she wants. I had a nervous break down at work going into seizures and hitting my head on the floor as a result of the pressure from management and this employee stalking me daily. I was taken by ambulance they refuse to allow me to make a workers comp claim they tell me to go through my health insurance and send them the bill for the coins as stress is denied and not covered under worker's comp. They placed me on admin leave after my NBD and would not allow me to come back to work even though I had a DR note stating that I could while this employee was allowed to go to work every day and carry on as normal.
Amica has constant undercover police presence who watch me and reverse into the parking lot when they see me. They state they felt threatened when my son's father called questioning their investigation results as he felt the company was calling Cullen a liar. I was standing right next to my son's father Ali when this call was made and he never once raised his voice or physically threatened anyone. He told them that he was not going to let this be and that he would contact outside sources for help such as the media and organizations. They have known that I have been being stalked and threatened by this other employee for months but did not hire police for my protection.
Last Thursday they sent me an email stating that the VP of HR was in the office from RI and that I had to meet with her and the branch manager alone. I asked for options such as a coworker or an advocate to be present for me because in the past they have met with me alone when I asked to file a formal complaint and have gone against me and refused to put their answer to my allegations as well as their investigation results in writing. They told me that they would reschedule the meeting until Friday however they were concerned about my refusal to meet with them and if I refused today they would term this insubordination and terminate me.
On Friday they gave me a written warning and forced me to meet with them alone again telling me that if I keep pressing this issue about their investigation and my son that I will be terminated (I have never been even verbally warned for my behavior in my 4 years of working for Amica in fact my pay raises for the last 4 years should show I went from 20000 to 33000within 4 years and in fact this written warning was not signed by management or myself it had no area for signatures)and also I must respect this other employee. During all of this my mom had come to my office unannounced as my grandmother is in a local hospital and my Mom wanted me to go with her as she has a heart conditions when I came to meet my Mom in the lobby she saw that I was crying and asked to speak to management they would not allow her to and called the police. I left as my Mom would not leave and I had no control over her but I did not want to lose my job for something she may say or do. My Mom was arrested.
My Mom was released but has many bruises and cuts from the police including a billy club bruise that was inflicted by the paid detail officer who was following me this morning.
It is obvious that the Amica Insurance Southeastern Massachusetts office is a racial infested company and should be stopped as they are taken no action against this other employee yet are constantly retaliating against myself and my family for speaking out for my son. It is clear to me that they have great disdain against me as a Caucasian women who created biracial children
Please help me and guide me to protect myself, my son and my lively hood.
I have contacted the NAACP,AG's office of MA,Governor of MA, MA labor board, DA's office, media, local colleges, Attorneys and no one will help me. You have my consent to contact whomever you may need to in order to assist me in spreading this word and protecting my family against these racists!
They have silenced me after putting up a long hard fight however they can not take away my freedom of speech.

I beg of you to contact the powers that be at Amica to advise them that you know what they have done to an innocent 7 year old and his family and that you do not stand for the way they swept his pain under the rug! I have no other options as I do not have money to hire an Attorney. I will lose this battle against Amica alone.
Thank You
Amica Insurance contact:
1-888-863-5912
CEO Robert Dimuccio rdimuccio@amica.com
President HR Patricia Talin ptalin@amica.com
Assistant VP Suzanne Casey scasey@amica.com
Anthony Noviello III, Branch Manager Southeastern Massachusetts Office
anoviello@amica.com

"Stand up for what you belive in even if you stand alone"
Biracial Racisim at Work
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy