For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected (Timothy 4:4) - God created you! - Extreame Angel
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Listen up

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Listen up
Ok this is all in theory but i think some may find it interesting. I was pondering about how abortion is justified and how murdering someone or committing suicide is not. One thing i've learned is the government will always run their society like a buisness. Now usually someone who has an abortion is because it was an accident. It was with someone in a relationship that wouldn't work out or they were young and stupid. So if they were to have the baby good chances are they would become a single parent and would have to go on welfare or paternity leave or not go to college. So this would take money out of the governments pocket. Also these kids have record highs of becoming criminals also aanother money grabberfrom the governemtnt. But then why wouldn't they allow suicide or infanticide. Simple they need to protect their investment. They invest money on these kids to go to school. Once they become adults they will join the working force and become tax payers. Which is what puts money back into their pocket. I find this also interesting because most politicians have a commerce degree. What do you think?possible?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is some logic here; and you may be on the right lines but there is a much wider consideration. When considering abortion to questions need to be considered:

1. Is it right to bring this baby into the world given the situation?
2. Is it right to get rid of this baby and does it have a right to live now?

This is very good example of science meeting religion. Informed, wise decisions need to be made.

As for government, if they want to operate like a business, then I would suggest the first is preferable to the second. Now I will go no further on this oint because I'm British and I'm guessing by your picture you are American?

As for suicide (we will leave infanticide for now) you have to remember that even if their intentions are economic, the harm it does to people around can cause social problems, stress on people and ultimately ceasing productivity.

Most governments I believe will be run like businesses because money really does make the world go around. However, be it for this reason or not, governments do help the people they supposedly represent with social care institutions.

"Whenever you have efficient government, you have a dictatorship". Harry Truman

""No words""
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
On the abortion issue:
I think the we need to look at what constitutes a human life. If what is in the womb is a human being then abortion should be treated in the same way as murder. How do we define a human life? An interesting fact:
At conception the DNA of the child is formed!
The heart starts beating at an incredibly early time (I think 8 weeks). I have more facts that I will post when I find them!

On the Issue of governments:
I think in todays government there is nothing to keep them in check. They have nobody to hold them accountable for the choices they make and the laws they set.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
pete, for shame my man... for shame... i thought with age came wisdom

Listen up
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy