Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does it strike you as funny...

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
... that under this forum's description it says be "Un-biased, logical, and open-minded," when all politics really is IS the exact opposite? You MUST be biased to be a good politician... You MUST be illogical at times, because that is what 99% of the good ole USA relates to... And you MUST be close-minded to many opinions to re-enforce your own.

Name one successful politician who is none of these things.

Just food for thought.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • F •
You seem to carry a point, but with those people who you define as logical and unbiased undoubtably come those who have jumped on the anti-bush bandwagon with their own illogical and ulterior motivations. Those motivations that tend to get in the way of serious conversations on the rights and wrongs, if you can call them that, of politics. I would not judge a politician statistically, because I do not trust the people who's opinions are included in those statistics. The "people" jump into politics like a high school football game.

Every president has made mistakes, which I have had to realize considering the fact that I am only 18 and part of a generation that is politcally loud, but doesn't use enough fact to back opinions. The thing of it is, I do not know every politician, and if I could interview each and every one to ever set foot on this blue earth I would, but I can't. From what I know FIRST HAND of people in general, though, is that the ones who seek leadership positions ALL exhibit some form of the flaws listed in my above post.

The "people's issues" have taken a back seat in the world of politics. We are living breathing Orwell characters, on a much more general scale.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just because someone votes for bush doesn't make them illogical. Personally i hate bush but to say that your just assuming. Maybe some people like his father. Maybe they actually beileave terrorism is the most important issue because they lost a loved one in the 911 attacks. I have talked to people from iraq and they say that 90% of the people are happy to see sadaam leave and are even more glad to see his sons not take over the reign there. Sometimes sacrifices need to be made to make things better for the future. The people there are quite excited about the fact they are under democracy. If you don't beileave me just look at the voting turnout. The percentage of people that voted is higher than Canada and the United States. Personally i think this is just like a long term investment. Eventually the fighting will end and the rights and freedoms of the people there will be restored. I think that to every action there is a positive and negative consequence. And although some actions have more negative than positive consequences i think it's good to focus more on the positive than the negative. I like to look at the positive, negative, past and future before i jump to conclusions.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not saying what he did was wrong or right. All i'm saying is that some positive has come out of it. We could talk about these things forever nothing would actually change it's out of our hands. So i'm saying why not just look at the positive. Bush shouldn't have gotten re-elected period. I'm not sure how that's being biased looking at the brighter side of things i can't control.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
I am not quite sure how my thread turned into yet another Bush debate, and that seems rather irrelevant. The point is that Bush is an example of a typical politician, not an abnormal one.

Behind every sparkling smile on our news channels are the motivations of each person. We were made individual for a reason. There isn't a specific mold for the highest positions of our executive branch, but it is like a secret code each is hardwired with. They all know the truth, and so do we. It is just impossible to have EVERYONE on your side. So, why try to be a floater between opinions? These leaders MUST be strong-willed with what they choose to believe. Even if they aren't 100 percent about everything they say they can not just withdraw opinions, or back down. They have to appear strong and all-knowing, almost god-like in front of the public. Maybe once long ago this wasn't so, but for now it is the only way people have figured out how to gain popularity. But then again, an unbiased world is simply impossible, and will always be impossible. It is human nature.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy