Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Afterlife - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we as people are not just actions and will and thoughts we have electric static that is clearly a part of our mind. a person who dies from complications of the body which in turn will shut off the oxygen that is essential to our brains survival however the static electricity is what is monitored to asses dreams and i know we all have experieced lucit dreaming (spelling?). so its my belief that after our death we dream until the decaying of our brains is complete. just a thought.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
interestingly at the point of death, when the body has shut down, when one is considered medically dead, there occurs 6 to 12 minutes of REM brain activity

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so whos to say that the electricity doesnt engulf our dreams and move on throughout space?
thats what i think the basis is like i said for heaven and hell. our conscience.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The afterlife, like God, are one of the things we are not meant to understand, another aspect of free will.

I read a book once called the Celestine Prophecy, it was basically about how we are all energy and just continue on as energy after we die.

There is also a paper i read once about how energy never ceases to exsist, and since we are all made up of energy we just continue life at a different level of exsistence, with the source of all energy.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
[darcy] is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Quite interesting indeed. I've also come accross material that suggests we can hear for a short time after the heart stops, which is truely astonishing.

I tend not to believe anything unless shown sufficient proof, so to me the afterlife is as blind-sighted as the notion of a God.

"Pride, Dignity and Justice"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people say since we have souls, that there would be an afterlife. but, what about humans suggests that we have souls? i mean, that "conscience" or our souls could just be our brains are more developed than those of other animals. but then again, for example, look at Koko the gorilla who knows sign language. i watched a video in my anthropology class where Koko visited an animal testing facility, where she said that the people who were working there were bad people doing bad things to animals. by the way, this was two weeks after her visit, apparently the visit traumatized her for about two weeks before she began "speaking" again to her trainer.

so i mean the whole concept of souls and even morals seem to go along with the evolutionary development of the organism.

i dont think that we're the only animals that have our inner thoughts. i think we're just more developed and use our communication skills to let others how we feel. (by the way, gorillas cant talk, as well as other primates, because of a shorter tongue, i believe? as well as not the mental development, but thats what enables humans to talk....but i cant remember if its because our tongues are anchored in the back of our throat or because its anchored closer to the front....

so in theory, we should teach all gorillas and other primates sign language, and maybe it'll show us humans we arent as special as we thought!

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. ther is a finite amount of matter and energy in the universe. the universe is most likely infinite in time, as we concieve it. we are nothing but matter and energy. so, the matter and energy that composes each of us will eventually, in an infinate universe with a finite amount of the two components, return to the exact state it is in now. in fact, in a universe infinite in time, it already has infinitely. however, this is all based upon current physical assumptions that will last only until the next einstein write a paper disproving all of it that approx. 4 people in the world will actually understand.

"dont got one"
The Afterlife - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy