Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Peak Oil - Are we heading for a oil shortage

User Thread
 56yrs • M •
shakespear is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thought I just drop this current subject on You All.

Have you noticed the rising price of gasoline and oil in general? Do you know why?

Enjoy

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hope my firing up here will waken people up to realisation to reality. Yes! we are heading for an oil shortage! it is terribly depressing. Politicians are so naive and blind to the reality of the future. They need to understand the concept of- Cause and Effect. We are facing the effects right now! rising oil prices are the obvious initial consequences of the oil crisis. However people need to realise that the consequences are much more than this. We humans, are really asking for catastrophe! We are destroying our environment by over extracting oil. We are going to seriously have to use renewable energy 100% in the near future, if oil extraction rates keep rising. People, especially politicians need to be PROACTIVE NOT REACTIVE! and to ACT LOCALLY, THINK GLOBALLY. Spread this message to the folks out their that are ignorant to this important global issue.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its scary on whats going on. From what ive heard today the price for oil might get even higher to an even new high as it has this entire week so far. In San Fransico prices for gas are as high as 3.41 even higher in other places just forgot where they were. We need new kinds of energy, we must push the govt to find new kinds otherwise we are scrwed many ways to an energy crisis.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oil will just keep getting more and more expensive. What none of the politicians realise is that we're using up the oil faster than it's being made, and as long as we continue what we're doing now, we'll run out of oil altogether.

"He who does not question is lost."
 38yrs • M •
It's no doubt we will run out of oil. It is a finite resource. We will be using renewable energy in the future, however we should be using it more and more now, I won't get into climate change- but global warming is the biggest catastrophe that we humans are facing. Using oil- and releasing carbon emissions into the atmosphere is a major contributor to climate change. And it isn't being adressed seriously enough by most people , including politicians.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True, however we are chained to oil at the current moment. almost 100% of all the vehicles on the road, in the air, in the water, use oil to move. The internal combustion engine isn't good on the environment, but at the moment, we don't have a viable alternative.

"He who does not question is lost."
 38yrs • M •
I think alternatives to non-renewable resources are reliatevly viable. Renewable energy is very capable of success or continuing effectiveness. I think the problem is its practibility currently. Unfortunately governments will only make the complete, serious shift from using non-renewable to renewable energy at the very last moment when it is absolutely needed (unfortunately, in terms of political motives- economics is usually a priority over environment).

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the politicians are doing it on purpose, bought by the oil companies who want to get as much money as they can for every last drop.

It's criminal, our country was designed to prevent just what has happened. But because corporations are now considered entities covered by constitional rights, the cards are stacked against us, but we still might previal if its not too late.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im glad its rising as it makes us seek out new resources maybe one thats clean

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just recently read an article about Venezuela, they have enough oil to last them for 78 more years.

They don't use as much as we do and they have more of it.

They're selling their oil for 50 a barrel and have helped out local New Orleans indians hurt by Katrina and New Englanders having difficulty affording heating oil for the winter.

You know, I think I like Chevez and I can't understand why Washington hates him, I suspect if they could get away with it, they would steal his oil.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You know, I think I like Chevez and I can't understand why Washington hates him, I suspect if they could get away with it, they would steal his oil.

He is a force pushing for oil trades in Euros over Dollars.

The same with Iraq, Iran, and North Korea (Aka, the Axis of Evil)

A link to a new thread on the topic.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/64695/the_myth_of_peak_oil.htm

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy