Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can someone disprove this logic? - Page 6

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ethreal, if you have truly experianced God, then you would not say that it was a 'christian' or 'Muslim' God, you would say there was only God.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well sometimes the ways in which we experience God are really personal..
angel, ethereal prolly is just saying christian, muslim gods etc just for the sake of others understanding in his post...?

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
ethreal, if you have truly experianced God, then you would not say that it was a 'christian' or 'Muslim' God, you would say there was only God.

No because to say there is only God could mean anything. I am not here to make you all happy or comfortable with your beliefs. My experience was and is with the only real God but because most people don't realise this I must say that He is the God of the Christians.

quote:
Would possibly reattempt to clarify how that specific determination came about, say, past just saying it did.

I experience God in all parts of my life, knowing who He is is a matter of relationship. He identified Himself through the Bible and in all my experience He has never changed that position or done things that would lead me to believe that He was anyone else.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 35yrs • M •
I m not questioning wheather you had the experiance or not.
how did you realize he was a christian God?

39yrs • M •
Because there are only two spiritual powers God and Satan. God is the God of the Christians and Satan rules all other religions. He (God) identified Himself through the Bible and in all my experience He has never changed that position or done things that would lead me to believe that He was anyone else.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ethereal, I know you think you are, but you are not answering the question.

You are giving vague statements alluding only to your decision to associate any experiences that you consider to be with God, to the bible and christian teachings.

Your biblical rhetoric is not an explanation.

quote:
He (God) identified Himself through the Bible and in all my experience He has never changed that position or done things that would lead me to believe that He was anyone else.

If you are simply stating that by reading the bible you feel you've realized who or what your idea of a true god is, then you are simply saying you have come to or chose to believe in the christian religion, nothing more.

quote:
My experience was and is with the only real God but because most people don't realise this I must say that He is the God of the Christians.

This is a claim made by many religions, your claim is no more substantial than others.

quote:
He identified Himself through the Bible and in all my experience He has never changed that position or done things that would lead me to believe that He was anyone else.

Good thing you aren't on trial, you'd be laughed out of court on such evidence and reasoning.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
To know God is no different to me than knowing a physical being. If I explained to you how I know my friends my answer would be because I spend time with them and talk with them. And that is how it is with God. But even if I could more clearly convey my thoughts you still would not believe anything based on what I said. The whole Christian life requires the experience of God before any faith can be made.

46yrs • M
quote:
To know God is no different to me than knowing a physical being.

If limit the cryteria to ambiguous generalizations that fit your intentions, sure.

But that isn't how it works.

I'm afraid it is not the same in very important ways.

Think of this from a point of view of a court room or a review board for determining if a person can distinguish fantasy from reality.

quote:
But even if I could more clearly convey my thoughts you still would not believe anything based on what I said.

This can easily be settled. Do you KNOW that what you believe in true? Or...

Do you acknowledge that you choose to believe what you claim to believe?

My belief in what you say does not depend on the conviction of your beliefs.

I ask for what evidence you posess or what you physically witnessed, then ask what logic or basis you are using to come to conclusions that you do.

Yours is a simple and familiar case.

What I would like to know otherwise, is your chronology of exposure to christianity and significant events, feelings, and thoughts at point of occurance or decision of belief.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Think of this from a point of view of a court room or a review board for determining if a person can distinguish fantasy from reality.

Reality is the brain's interpretation of electronic signals. Fantasy is also the brain's interpretation of electronic signals.

For me to explain this to you is difficult because to me and many others it is so simple. When you speak to someone with whom you wish to be friends do you not introduce yourself to them? This is what God does He does not appear completely anonymously because He wants to befriend humans and so He tells us who He is. And then by actions He proves Himself.

46yrs • M
quote:
Reality is the brain's interpretation of electronic signals. Fantasy is also the brain's interpretation of electronic signals.

Tell it to the judge.

And no, that is a person's understanding and source of interaction with reality, not the definitive state of reality itself.

quote:
This is what God does He does not appear completely anonymously because He wants to befriend humans and so He tells us who He is. And then by actions He proves Himself.

Wow, and this is backed up by what? Oh, you and others like you who simply say so.

Sorry, that is insufficiant to be labeled a physical reality as opposed to a belief or possibility.

quote:
What I would like to know otherwise, is your chronology of exposure to christianity and significant events, feelings, and thoughts at point of occurance or decision of belief.

Seriously.

39yrs • M •
quote:
Wow, and this is backed up by what?

By the actions, physical manifestation of God.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
By the actions, physical manifestation of God.

physical sight of God?

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
Ethreal please tell me how do you know he was a chritian God. Did He declare lo and behold I am the God of the christians....what?

39yrs • M •
quote:
Did He declare lo and behold I am the God of the christians

Not in those words but yes. As I said earlier "God does He does not appear completely anonymously because He wants to befriend humans and so He tells us who He is"

35yrs • M •
yes, so how did he tell you he was a Christian God? How did you find out He was a Christian God????I have asked this for the 4th time in a row I think

Can someone disprove this logic? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy