Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

CAN WE SEE INTO THE PAST? - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
if we learn to fold space time we can move into any area of the universe

How can we fold space time? And how does this make it theoretically possible to exceed the speed of light (300,000km in a vaccum)?

Beyond light is darkness.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
check the link and google whatever else you want
space

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think one question I have from this is:

Lets assume exceeding the speed of light is possible.
Wjat would you see when you exceed the speed of light?
When we exceed the speed of sound we hear a sonic boom. If we exceed the speed of light would tehere be a massive cramping of waves and then a big blast of light?

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
quote:
What would you see when you exceed the speed of light?

exceeding the speed of energy waves- I think, all have different outcomes. I can't see why/or how a big blast of light would exist if one is travelling beyond light. Does anyone know if it is possible?
I think If (hypothetically) one exceeds the speed of light, then no light would exist. Without light there is darkness. Seeing requires light. Therefore we would see nothing. It would probably be like travelling through a deep void, where light doesn't exist.

41yrs • M •
Sounds good. Of course in order to exceed the speed of light if we assume its possible you would have to be in a completely diffferent reference of spacetime otherwise when accelerating you'd have increasing mass so that it would require infinite energy to exceed that light. So I wonder what you would see as you go just from the speed of light to past it...would it be like a big cosmic blast? Aftwerwards though I guess it would just be dark. Hypothetical and puzzling.

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that is a good question. i think it would either be dark, or we would see into the past, because we catch up with light that had left where we came from, so we would appear to be going backwards in time, as we caught up with light that had got further away from where we were. id love to claim that theory as my own, but im sure einstein said something like that a while ago. but to add to it, we coudl solve any crime we wanted, we would just need a powerful telescope, we could fly from whereever the crime occured at light speed, and we would eventually catch up with the image of what happened.

so to answer the original question, we can see into the past, we just have to move faster than light to manage it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is impossible to travel the speed of light or faster.

light is all about perspective

let's say that there is a train traveling at the speed of light. there is a canyon ahead with the railroad out.

now, lets say that you're on the train looking out a window... you would see everything stationary and stretched out for an infinite distance, when you hit the canyon you fall down and crash and die.

now lets say you're outside the train looking at it go over the canyon. the train is stretched out for an infinite distance, thus you see the train go over the canyon and go on to survive...

once you get to the speed of light, will essentialy, die... not on a spiritual level, but a molecular level.

read up on eistines theories on light. as you near it you being to stretch out, but its all perspectively.

37yrs • M •
yay finally someone else realises the reality of light physics and the logic!

41yrs • M •
tgis principle is still assuming that the references are uniform and essentially linear. thus you get the classic polvolter and the shed example, which results in te stick breaking when you (the polvolter) enter the reference frame as seen by the observer.

if it were possible to time travel you would thus have to seperate yourself from spacetime or use the idea of portals thaht link to other spacetimes. google 'the philadelphia experiment'.

""No words""
 37yrs • M •
philadelphia experiment- just another myth.
teleporting a ship! too bizarre to be true.
that is very weird

35yrs • M •
teleportation is very much possible, however... it would have absolutely nothing to do with light. it would be more of a sound principle.

under my theory on vibration, if any object vibrates at a certain frequency, it could pass threw anything. its molecules would just seperate around the other objects molecules and then form again as it exits the object.

this is the same basic idea of teleportaion, one would be "struck" with a harmonic frequency that disperses its molecules. the molecules would then be shot where ever the person is trying to go. when the person reaches destination, they would be shot with an equal and opposite frequency that stops the molecule vibration and essentialy puts them back together.

41yrs • M •
click cick

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
the philadelphia sounds like abunch of bs... after reading up on it. the only way that was possible is if the 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000, thats actualy a number that is used for quantum probability give or take a couple 0s... actually happened.

in theory, if i bang my head on a wall,

1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 i would go right threw the wall. this is because EVERYTHING happens. just in different dimensions.

NOTE: I do not, in any way, believe in probablility.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Atlantis5 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright. First of all, Trancend, your Caps-Lock button might be stuck. Even before the light of your letters reached my eyes.

Second, you are right to a certain point. Just take a look at the stars if you can and try to realize you ARE looking into the past. What you see is their light that took hundreds of lightyears to fall into your eyes. Always delayed. Light from a second ago could never catch up with now. And some stars out there don't even exist anymore. At least if you were to go to their location instantly. But we can't. What? Oh. Einstein shakes his head.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives you the test first, and the lesson afterwards."
 35yrs • M •
cordelllain is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This might sound kind of stupid to all of you light physicists but light is affected by gravity, so can it be reflected and pulled around in less than linear fashion so that we wouldnt have to travel at speeds faster than light to pass it up and see it? ... of course, if it is white as summit says, then its kinda pointless anyway, right?

CAN WE SEE INTO THE PAST? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy