Finite players play within boundaries; infinite players play with boundaries. - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Did Bush policies help your State?

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
thefederalistus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does Presidential policies impact a state's ability to create jobs? In a Federalist system the States are subservient to the Central (Federal) authority, including policies the Federal level imposes. I do agree that a state can attract investment income & jobs to their state. With that said, I also believe that a President can (working with Congress) have a major impact on all states ability to produce their own G.S.P. I am not able to research a state by state comparison to verify my opinion. This press release does make interesting reading (a month old release, looking back last year). For anyone that likes to compare the 'Wonderful 90s' to the evil 'Bush Years', it seems the states were losing the last 4 years prior to Bush.

http://www.bea.gov/bea/newsrel/GSPNewsRelease.htm
RELEASE AT 8:30 A.M. EDT, THURSDAY, June 23, 2005
ECONOMIES GROW IN ALL STATES IN 2004
Prototype Gross State Product (GSP) Estimates
In 2004, strong U.S. real economic growth was widespread; real GSP grew in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, according to estimates released by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.1 GSP is the most comprehensive measure of overall economic activity in each state.
Highlights for 2004
Growth in real U.S. GSP accelerated from 2.8 percent in 2003 to 4.2 percent in 2004; all but seven states shared in that acceleration.
The financial services and information-communications-technology sectors were the largest contributors to growth, and most of the fastest-growing states have large concentrations in one or both of these sectors.

[b]

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
it seems the states were losing the last 4 years prior to Bush.

True, but look at how it dropped immediately after Bush was innaugurated, it took five years to regain what bush lost in less than one year. that doesn't show good work, that shows that he managed to fix what he fucked up.

"He who does not question is lost."
 47yrs • M •
thefederalistus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The graph does not show the 911 attack and economic havoc it caused in 2001.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True, but i beleive that this graph will provide some clarity.

We were already losing jobs long before 9/11. as you can see it's almost a cliff that starts right around the time bush was innagurated.
(apologies for the poor image)

"He who does not question is lost."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy