Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

JC

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
JC
Who Do you think Jesus Christ was....do you think he even existed or is it just a scheme created millennia ago to eventually control us all in some weird way. I used to be a Christian but not anymore lately I find myself asking is it possible that all these documents scrolls etc...are all bullshit or am I bullshitting myself what are your opinions

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe it is more than likely that Jesus Christ was a real man. there are so many documentations of his exsistence that it seems unlikely that it would all be fabricated. i think the stories were embellished greatly however and past events may have been misinterpreted due to either a lack of knowledge or inability to spread knowledge effectively (like that telephone game except over thousands of miles and many years). i am from a christian family but i do not consider myself christian. i believe Jesus was a man, probably even a great man, but not the son of God... at least no more a son of God than me or you.

more and more i seem to convince myself that i am a Janist.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I agree. Jesus most probably existed. He may have been real (as in Biblical interpretation) or he may have been a magician or other terms we could describe. The interesting thing though is that it seems to have lasted, and that, although it has cuased fightts, wars, gross mistinterpretation, is against the odds.

""No words""
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is proved that their was a man named jesus around the right time and that he was crucified as it was recorded
wether it is the same man
who knows

"rock on"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus probably lived as a normal person. however I don't think he was the son of a 'God'.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, just because he had different (more tolerant) ideas about society, doesn't mean he was a god. You can change the world without being a god.

"He who does not question is lost."
 34yrs • F •
corrupted is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Jesus Christ was most definetly not a scheme in the sense that he did exist. This is obvious because he is mentioned in many different historical facts from both the Jews and the Romans. Whether he was the Son of God...that's up for grabs.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We are all children of God and those who promote peace shall be called children of God and Jesus promoted, taught and was an example of peace.

A subject I need to study more - but it is my opinion that Jesus was our older brother. He is what we will someday become.

After the harvest, the wheat (truth) will be gathered together into a single person.

Jesus is of a previous harvest.

You won't find that taught in any church, that's just my opinion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
JC
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy