The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dreams

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
wrangman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dreams
I remember my dream every single night. Why do i dream? My dreams never happend in real life. Will they happen in the future? in my next life? did they happen in my previous life? What are your interpertations on dreams? thanks

"i know who i am"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i tend to think dreams are part of our subconcious thoughts that play out while we're sleeping

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Depending on the content of your dreams maybe you're not dreaming at all
Could be an OBE what religious activities do your partake in?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
arent dreams supposed to be just your subconscious sorting out all your thoughts and memories of the day, and just producing random images while doing so.

mayb your subconcious and conscious are just more closely linked, therefore you remember them.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dreams occur during rem sleep, which is the last 45 min or so of the normal 90 min sleep cycle. sleep is a recouperative process first and foremost, and the innitial half of the sleep cycle is spent assisting in physical recovery. the mind is much less active in these phases. the 4 phases of rem sleep that occur next is where cognative recovery takes place. not only do you recouperate mentally during these phases, but this is also when the mind 'sorts out' everything it has learned or encountered since the last sleep period. dreams are, in essence, the byproduct of the new material being integrated with the wealth of conscious and subconscious knowledge one already posesses. to better understand your dreams and their potential you must take a more active role in them by learning to become lucid. but thats just my opinion.

"dont got one"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that MizzXplicit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dreams are just random stupid things u happen to think about. i dunt think its ur subconcoius or god talkin to u.
ur juss htinkin bout dumb things or ur drunk or high who knows.

"how.empty.of.me.to.be.so.full.of.you"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that CooJaye is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm the same. I remember at least one dream most nights, and sometimes I remember multiple dreams.

I usually wake up and tell my husband who is used to my crazy talk in the morning. Telling him is a way to just get it all off my chest and out of my own head before getting on with my day.

And oh you wouldn't believe the crazy crap I dream. Most are just weird or borderline terrifying. If it is my subconscious talking, I'm not sure I want to know.

But on the other hand, maybe it's not all bad what my subconscious thinks. Who knows. I'm not sure we ever figure out what goes on in our subconscious.

Dreams
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy