Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

gods name - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are the one being closed minded I am arguing that my God was the first deity to be worshipped. This business of dates doesn't much interest me except to say that even it was 4.3 billion years ago that life began on earth my God was still the first and only real deity. So instead of trying to censor me why not take your own advice? "There's no point in talking if you're not listening."

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
I know as fact that there are remains of modern man found in earth that last saw sunlight 140,000 years ago

Just curious but were you actually there 140000 years ago? Can you say with absolute certainty that there is no chance that the evidence you speak of was tampered with. I mean realistically evolutionists were fooled by a movie prop because they so desperately wanted to proof their point.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just curious but were you actually there 6000 years ago? Can you say with absolute certainty that there is no chance that the Word you speak of was tampered with. I mean realistically, religious folk were fooled by a water stain because they so desperately wanted to prove God exists.

This is a secular discussion site. Even though I share the same views as you about God and Adam, I find it almost impossible to have a discussion with non-christians if I don't at least try to see things the way they do ie. 4.5 billion year old Earth, ancient civilisations, etc...

So yes, there is merit to you saying God is the first, the only God. But where does that get you in a discussion about the false gods of others and why they had so many?

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 39yrs • M •
Why talk to people about their beliefs if not to challenge their way of thinking? I argue extremes because it brings out the passion in people and thus lively debate.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So yes, there is merit to you saying God is the first, the only God. But where does that get you in a discussion about the false gods of others and why they had so many?

Who are you to say that other religions worship "false" gods? Who appointed you the ultimate judge of religion? buddhism is just as valid areligion as christianity, and Sheva is just as real a god as THE LORD.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not putting down any religion here. I am all for people saying why their god is good. what i can't take is when people go around saying that someone elses god is a lie becasue they can't tolerate a little religous diversity.

Personally I don't beleive there is a "One True GOD". I think that every religion's god(s) are equally vallid, and jsut becasue someone doesn't have the same set of beleifs as you, doesn't make them any more wrong or right.

Can't we all just get along?

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
You do not have any specific religious beliefs but if you did you would understand. The Christian faith is the answer to life and from a Christian perspective to let people have this "religious diversity" is comparable to watching somebody commit suicide and doing nothing to stop them. Of course it is also an act of intolerance to stop somebody from killing themselves but I think if you honestly care about someone you would do it anyway.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I most cartainly do have religious beleifs (christian), and no tolerating religous diversity is not like watching someone kill themself and doing nothing. Personally i have no problem with other religions, or people promoting their individual religions. the only thing that I have a problem with is people saying that their god "is the one true god". There is no "one true god" becsaue if there was, people would have figured out which one it was by now. And while having religious beliefs does entail having the "our god is the one true god" mindset, i try and stay away from that train of thought as much as possible, and not to make a big deal of it, but the 100 years war in europe was fought over religious beliefs.

It seems to me that there would be so much less war if more people just tolerated (not accepted) other religious beleifs besides their own.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
I most cartainly do have religious beleifs (christian)

I'm sure you do but you clearly don't have specific
beliefs "Personally I don't beleive there is a "One True GOD"" If you had that belief you would understand the concept.

A fundamental part of Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the son of the only living God so if you have Christian beliefs you would agree.

quote:
becsaue if there was, people would have figured out which one it was by now

Certainly not, because Satan is the master of deception he can disguise himself as an angel of light, he works tirelessly to mislead people. People are all so willing to belief a simply lie over a hard truth.

46yrs • M •
So, If someone was following The One True God, and said this to you, how would you know if this One True God is the same as the one you know?

Does the title of a religion, the people who wrote about it, or when they wrote it, mean so much this day and age, that the true Word of God can be stifled by simantics?

39yrs • M •
quote:
Does the title of a religion, the people who wrote about it, or when they wrote it, mean so much this day and age, that the true Word of God can be stifled by simantics?

Of course it does. People have lost connection with truth, now they need to find evidence from thousands of years ago to prove God's existence instead of looking for Him in the modern world. People don't believe God is alive and so they don't know that they can find Him in everyday life.

46yrs • M •
That's a pretty broad and dangerously generalised statement. Many religions believe in one, all powerful, living god.

I'm asking if it is possible that God has manifest Himself to other races in different forms and known by other names.

39yrs • M •
quote:
I'm asking if it is possible that God has manifest Himself to other races in different forms and known by other names.

It is possible that He does but you have to consider certain parameters, God will not appear in a form that contradicts Him. And as far as I know all gods of other religions are contradictory to God.

46yrs • M •
I've found that most contradictions that occur, even inside a sole religion, is usually based on human interpretation leading to speculatory judgements, which of course, lends a hand to other falices that cause dissension and eventually splits a single belief into two.

Many other religions can trace their histories back to when they split from another religion.

We must realise that our knowledge of Him is still immeasurable compared to what it could be, and until we expand our own understanding of the One True God, we should halt all assumptions on how 'right' we are, and start wondering how 'right' we ALL are.

39yrs • M •
quote:
Many other religions can trace their histories back to when they split from another religion.

I already addressed this idea "The first religion in existence was monotheistic and all other religions are derivatives of that one religion."

This is where misinterpretaion happens and people wish to make themselves better than God so they dumb Him down, give Him a single form and make Him in our image.

"Has vanity dressed up our God in likenesses of man?"

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am a christian and i am friends with people of all religions and ethinicties and races. my best friend is Wiccan and it makes me sad, but i dont tell her she's going to hell or anything.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
gods name - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy