Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Charlie and The Choclate factory

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The film industry has killed another move. I am sorry for all those people who like Johney Depp but staring him in the movie made him look really stupid. Also just by watching the traliers it looks like the completlly killed the storyline and made it some uber stupid way to try to make them more money. Speaking as a fan of Dahl's books i can say that C.C.F. was one of my favs. Seeing it killed this way is a great shame. As a side note the herbie movie does seem off of the way the used to make them but hey, it might actually be a good movie. but serisoully foolks the new charlie and the choclate factory move looks like a huge flop and is not worthy of being a adaptation of Rolad Dahls books.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not seeing it; I've never been a Johny Depp fan anyway, besides, it just looks like a ton of computer graphics, overacting worthy of a series of unfortuante events and just a bad attempt overall to recaputure the sucess of the book. I did read an article that said that Dahl hated the first movie (the orighinal C.C.F) and that this one adheres to his wishes a bit better than the original. I'll spend my six bucks on Batman Begins, Good riddance to this piece of crap!

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im with you with on seeing batman, looks pretty darn cool. Odd to see that Dahl would think the second one is a tiny bit better then the first when this one looks like crap. I haven't read the book in a while so i should see how much the first movie is like the book. Side note War of the Worlds looks good even if they don't follow the story considering it was set in the early 1900's. i say that film industrys stop trying to remake movies of books that were done before, they would only screw up.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you shouldnt judge a movie before even seeing it. im not saying i know how the movie is going to be, but i dont just write things off because the trailer looks bad.

personally i think it will be excellent. with the new technology and abilities the movie industry has now, i think they can do a much better job portraying the story. i dont even see Johnny Depp, i see a very quarky, strange dude. in some ways he fits the role and in some ways he doesnt.

it could totally blow and it could be totally awesome, but theres no sense in saying either way until it actually comes out.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
alright i saw this movie. it was a lot of fun, the dialogue was well made and updated for this generation. the back story of Willie Wonka was great. the little mini story about the oompa loompas was good too, although i didnt particularly like them. their songs/voices mostly just annoyed me. johnny depp did a great job. i cracked up when i saw that the one kid was from Denver, CO. its pretty much the same movie as the old one, but with special effects and more depth and character developement.

7.5/10

they really did advertise this movie wrong. its the same story, same characters. johnny is a little more out of whack but his behavior is justified.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the original is one of my favorite movies....i havent seen the remake yet but i bet johnny depp does a pretty good job....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 37yrs • F •
Ripplez is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think u should look over ur spelling.
i loved the movie AND johnny depp. he was so quirky and odd. i thought he mADE the movie.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
apparently roald dahls family thought that the new film was much truer representation of the original story than the old one. the old one was way to happy, whereas the dahl story and the new film are much darker, as they should be. i havent seen it yet, but im going to go and watch it, im quite looking forward to it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
yea, and the scene with the squirrels was put in the new one, where as in the first one it was too complicated for its time. i found the new movie to be much more comical myself.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im still looking forward to seeing it, so dont put down too much about its content.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy