Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Kerry - Swiftboats and the presidency - oh my

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=23431-u-page=0#23431

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=27054-u-page=0#27054

I donated to Kerry's presidential campain, I fought against all the mud slingers, and I even voted for him.

Yet I somehow become unsubscribed from his newsletter and I can't seem to get resubscribed. I must have said the wrong thing when I was uppset about the proven voter fraud found in Ohio and Kerry did nothing.

well - Here's something strange:

quote:
• June 7, 2005 | 3:10 PM ET

Throughout the 2004 campaign, John Kerry was repeatedly challenged to release his full military record, but inexplicably failed to do so.

I say "inexplicably" because Kerry has now released his records -- not to the general public, as demanded, but to the Boston Globe -- and the results so far seem underwhleming:

The lack of any substantive new material about Kerry's military career in the documents raises the question of why Kerry refused for so long to waive privacy restrictions. An earlier release of the full record might have helped his campaign because it contains a number of reports lauding his service. Indeed, one of the first actions of the group that came to be known as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was to call on Kerry to sign a privacy waiver and release all of his military and medical records.

But Kerry refused, even though it turned out that the records included commendations from some of the same veterans who were criticizing him.

So why didn't he release them earlier, given that this issue was extremely damaging to his campaign, and could have been easily addressed then -- when it would have made a difference -- instead of now, when no one cares except political obsessives and snarky bloggers?

Maby Kerry was supposed to lose - what do you think?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy