Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

which God do i follow?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
which God do i follow?
Theres a "god" in my head or lets say in the "inner" that tells me not to get dragged by the "fake" (differe from the "inner god", but from human vibes.. (christians telling me etc..) then so I got the christians influening me saying im going "to go to hell" if i follow my god (inderectly speaking)... so im in a delemma which 'god' do i follow? my life is at stake here!! (or "my" "life" (= all words are too general narrow, theres more to it).. but so just curious..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you should probably be following the god that speaks to you. following is not a good thing to do in the first place, i dont really like that word actually. "god" regardless of religion is basically the same thing for everyone. even polytheistic religions. god is a concept, a feeling. god is all things unexplainable, unforeseeable, intangable.

embrace god, do not follow.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i belive that whatever you belive in your heart and soul is what you should follow....if your brain is saying you should be christian because if not your going to hell, but your feeling is that the other sense of god you have is correct,go with that,because your mind,to me, is more easily warped by other peoples belifes and teachings than your heart,soul and feelings are......i hope that makes sence.....im sorry if it doesnt

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that makes perfect sense.. its just very hard to describe for where we se the words "heart" "soul" mind brain etc.. theres distincitve feelings we can knida relate..

tans

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What Wyote said.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Never act on a feeling. Feelings are unstable and change from day to day, you must test things for yourself. Actively search for the true God and you will find Him with no mistake. But be warned the life of one who is a Child of the one true God will not be easy, but as you said life is at stake here. I assure you that God will not hide Himself from you if your heart is seeking Him

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one could say that is part of GOD's function, religion or spirituality is the form.
Knowing GOD is what to seek, what form you use is personal choice.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Never act on a feeling. Feelings are unstable and change from day to day, you must test things for yourself. Actively search for the true God and you will find Him with no mistake. But be warned the life of one who is a Child of the one true God will not be easy, but as you said life is at stake here. I assure you that God will not hide Himself from you if your heart is seeking Him

I've came accross this teaching at The First United Pentacostal Church where women are not allowed to cut their hair and men must never wear a hat, because Paul said so, and they could quote it to you.

You are supposed to have complete faith in the bible, word for word, literaly, regardless of your feelings. But then, wait a minute, the bible doesn't tell you not to follow your feelings, as a matter of fact, it doesn't really say not to, but it kind of in many places incourages you to follow your feelings.

The birds fly south in the winter, they follow their instincts. Instincts are what, a feeling. What if they didn't follow this feeling, they might freeze to death.

If God created us and the animals, didn't then God create feelings.

I say, use every tool in the tool box to get the job done right.

39yrs • M •
okcitykid, you refer to the commonly misused passage 1 Corinthians 11:5-10

5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head-it is just as though her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head,[b] since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.

This is clearly not a case of cultural differences this is how God created things to be. If you are going to use Biblical references at least use them in context.

And let me correct my previous statement about feelings, I should have said do not trust solely in feelings because feelings are unstable. If your feelings cannot be backed up with fact then they are useless.

64yrs • M •
ether...............

You be careful how talk to your elders. I will quote anything I like, anyway I want to.

I say trust your feelings unless you have corrupted your heart, and you will know if you have done that.

That may or may not in the bible, and I really don't care.

40yrs • M •
fidelitygastro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi all ! im new to this forum and thought will chek out this religon forum first.

quote:
Never act on a feeling. Feelings are unstable and change from day to day, you must test things for yourself

ethereal ...dats an apt line when it comes to confusion in religion. Citykid...every line in every religion has a certain significance.and most religions are symbolic in terms of its meaning. Lessons from any religion has to be learnt in a proper way, not taken in a literal sense. so i guess we' shouldnt discuss the shaving thing here..

as for the original question....

Be an observer You dont necessarily have to practice any religion or fear any god.
In fact, God himself (exists or not)..in a logical sense...would expect you to work yourself to the way to happiness and content, and not depend on him for everything. He's got you a life..its like a present.wat more can u ask for?
Family and society keep sayin things and tryin to woo you in religion...just nod along quietly. atleast thats what ive been doing...and my own religion gives me a perfect sense of control over my life.
Take your time, observe ur daily routines, ur anger, ur reactions, ur emotions, etc..and then figure out ways for the betterment of urself.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I notice that everyone here is suggesting a christian view of "god". There are other relegions besides christianity, and some relegions do not beleive in a god. as for you patape, do whatever you think is right, if it doesn't work out, you can allways try something else.

"He who does not question is lost."
 40yrs • M •
fidelitygastro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
do whatever you think is right, if it doesn't work out, you can allways try something else.

Unfortunately my boy.... the consequences of doing "whatever you think is right " may just be too costly .

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Only if you've already decided on a religon.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
The only reason people do not chose any religion is because they are afraid to be responsible for their actions. Without God there is no need for responsibility because no action matters. But God does exist so there is a need for responsibility and if you chose not to accept that then that is up to you.

which God do i follow?
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy