The whole world can change with the flutter of a butterfly - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What if humans have evolved much earlier

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In recent years there has been much archeological evidence to suggest that anceint civilisations are much - much older than we expected. In light of this evidence many top archeologists have hypothosised that human civilisation may date back thousand of years before the end of the ice age - perhaps as far back as 50000 years! Although it may seem crazy but it is a theory that deserves respect and consideration based on the fact that we no little about pre history. IF HUMAN CIVILISATION IS MUCH OLDER THEN WE EXPECTED WITH MORE AND MORE MOUNTING EVIDENCE THEN PERHAPS THE HUMAN SPECIES IS MUCH OLDER THAN WE EXPECT IT TO BE.

This i believe is a very interesting topic that i hope will generate much ideas and concepts, i look forward to hearing peoples replies!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, I don't believe it crazy at all, people who get stuck thinking we know everything already are really hindering themselves, and espescially if they are "authorities" on the subject then they can be unintentionally or otherwise be negatively detramental to progress and learning.

What doyou feel would be the significance of such a discovery?

What would be the interesting discovery for me would be more and better evidence of pre-historic technologically advanced societies. Or the theorized possibilities of advanced or unfettered brain functions such as psychic abilities and or energy control or manipulation.

Which of course there are lines of research that are adament of such points as being more than likely.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If humans are really much older than we thought, where are the cities, bones, remains? i'm not saying this theory is bogus, but where are the bones???

but supposing the theory is legit, we could learn much from the remains, if we can find them, after all, a lot can dissolve away in 50000 years.

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im all for this theroy, bones can be destroyed over time just to let you know, and as for cities they might never have been made unless you count Atlantis but thats something else entirelly.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 42yrs • M •
Most archeologist believe that actual cities and settlements that we percieve to be only a few thousand years old may in fact be much older and have been CONTINUESLY RESETTLED, the problem is that people when looking for evidence of humans being much older look for so called "lost cities", these do exist and have been found but many ancient cities in the world such as MOHENJO DARO, THEBES e.t.c have been occupied much longer than we expect and the continued re settlement of these cities over time has made it difficult for archeologists to determine just how old they really are. As for the theory of finding bones well - such evidence can be ignored due to the shere fact matbe we simply arnt looking for it in the first place!
Heres a theory - Many ancient civilisations believed in the sacredness of FIRE and cremated their dead (Ancient India, Mesopotamia, Greeks e.t.c.) perhaps this could also help explain the lack of bones! ITS JUST AN IDEA - THATS ALL - I DONT WISH FOR PEOPLE TO GET UPSET BY THIS!

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
e.t.c have been occupied much longer than we expect and the continued re settlement of these cities over time has made it difficult for archeologists to determine just how old they really are.

consider stonehedge, how does one make the distinction between when the stones formed & when they were craved?
Add to that after being carved [by man] their surface continued to be exposed the the effects of the elements.
What evidence should be looked for as objects [products] of technical of such periods would be soft & easily formed.
the natives in the gulf regions consumed oysters & used the shells formed the bases of construction so one could form some date form those shells on the bottom of such piles [constructions]? Changes in the topography in areas show how completely areas change [ex. sea shells found in desert regions => stratification in canyons]

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 42yrs • M •
The seashell idea is good! With regard to stonehenge, as you may know stone cant be carbon dated for the obvious reason that it contains no orgainic compounds to cary out carbon testing, hence it is very difficult to calculate when stone was cut and positioned.
However it isnt hard to notice where a megalith has been cut with stone tools and where natural erosion has taken place, i know i visited and studied the megaliths of brittany! Since many ancient monuments are aligned to the stars, archeologists may utilise astronomy to calculate when they were built!
Also, many of the traditional theories regarding the dates of ancient sites didnt take historical records or references into account and were formed upon biased opinion

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy