Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Page 2

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One thing in the movie that bothered my was near the end when anakin was defeated by obi-wan and hes lying there with all his amputations and inability to move and all- Then of course to make matters worse he catches on fire and obiwan just walks away- If there all pals as of yesterday could he have not at least kicked him into the lava and stop his agony?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its not without its flaws. i think obi-wan was too emotional to do anything, he just wanted to get away from the whole tragedy.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
Revenge of the Sith made history with its $50,013,859 opening day.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I saw a midnight showing too, I need to see it again to make sure but I thought it was brilliant! The first few shots of the film were crazy and aweinspiring I just thought he's really gone for it this time. The whole thing was so much more epic and crafted confidently. Maces death and the planet hopping while the jedi were wiped out was toatally gutting I loved every minute. Script was much better - "not if anything to say about it I have"! Ian McDiarmid had his cackles down to a tee. R2D2 was great, I may yet change my mind but first impressions - I thought it was rockin'.

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
 52yrs • M •
I think it would have been funny if when count dooko was down and out he would have said to palpatine "come on lend me a hand here...." and Paltatine could have answered "your headed in the wrong direction...." and then anikin could have added - "I gotta hand it to you - it was correct when you said i was headstrong..."

Well anyway just how many limbs and or heads were cut of in that film anyway? Dooko lost 3 Anikin lost 3 mace windu 1 not to mention all the other clones who get all chopped up- just remember to whatch where your swinging that thing.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The untold horror of Star Wars films, the appendages were not limited to legs, arms, or heads. Lets just say that the movies may be directly responsible for a new wave of all soprano boy bands.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
hmm i thought mace lost both his hands...

$158.4 million in just four days. thats another record folks.

quote:
All told, the $303.9 million worldwide start after five days stands as an all time high, eclipsing The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King's $250.1 million, though the J.R.R. Tolkien trilogy's finale played in a much smaller number of countries.

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Saw it and loved it.

Everything was so well tied togethor to make the stories jive,

2 things though,

1. what did padame say right before she died?

2. I cant member if obi wan was talking to kwai gon in episode 4. Yoda telling Obi wan the he can learn how to talk to his master confused me a litlle.

Any help on these would be great as they are pissing me off.

Overall 8.5/10

52yrs • M •
Padme was saying "where the hell is my acting coach......"
Kwigon was not mentioned at all in Star wars- I think that was just thrown in to agrivate and confuse an allready messy ending.

You know I saw this film a second time and to be honest I like it far less now. It just seemed hollow with the stunning visual effects gone were left with a streched thin story and some really bad acting I think on the part of whats her name who plays padme- its a good thing shes a movie star because she is a lowsy actor.
"your breaking my heart..."

but the best thing about this movie is ewan Mcgregor man he kicks ass as much as Alec Guiness!

40yrs • M •
obi wan does say "qui gon?" when yoda tells him that his old master has found a way to speak from the netherworld.

i thought the story kicked ass. vader wanted eternal life, if hed stayed on the side of good he could have had that in one sense.

ever see Garden State, I R Me? how about The Professional? i assure you natalie portman is fully capable of acting. Lucas doesnt know how to direct, thats the only reason i can come up with as to why they all seem so terrible. i mean look at Samual Jackson! that man is a stupendus actor, yet in star wars he seems very unneccisarily over dramatic as well as awkward and out of place at times.

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 46yrs • M
Wyote, if you were dressed in the family farming outfit from the movies you could pass for Uncle Owens Dad (forget the name) after the scuffle with the Sand People. See, Anakin forgave you for pussin out cause of the leg, but Vader came back, at least he was nice enough to take a picture before killing you I guess. Heh.

Professional is one of my all time favs, she was amazing, it's why I like Jean Reno so much as well, but I'm sure that's a duh statement.

Ok, I hate to have so many little things to criticize this about movie, but one thing that was very important for me to "believe" the story line and see it as the Classic I'd like it to be, is better handling of a convincing turn to the dark side for Anakin.

Though there was plenty of explanation and reason for temptation, the degree of evil and anger needed for the slaughtering of men, women, children, trying to kill father figures/mentors, attacking pregnant wives, wasn't affectively achieved and or represented.

With the exception of Anakin handling the death of his mother, that was Vader. A scene that would have been absurd if Anakin was killing his own mother, which is how it felt with fighting Obi Wan and his actions towards Padme (Though Padme's being attacked would do well representing the dark side actually taking over Anakin, but against his will, which I'm sure is part of the point perhaps but again just doesn't quite add up in a convincing fashion for something so pivotal to me.)

But that could be the writing, acting, editing or any number of things, it could even just be me.

I just wanted to feel it click into place when he became Vader, I didn't feel that. Maybe its just because my brain can't reasonably match Anakins accent to Vader's, and I don't think dying unmasked Vader sounded much like either, either.

(though not quite handled to perfection, I loved the scene of Anakin pondering in whichever builiding it was, Jedi council or whatever)(And the opening scene was gorgeous)

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i assure you natalie portman is fully capable of acting.

I thought that she was pretty good in closer.

40yrs • M •
there really was no "click" over to the dark side.but i wasnt expecting this. all three movies are a gradual turn to the dark side for anakin. it makes sense though, because there was still some good left deep within him. if it had been an all consuming dramatic almost instantanous turn, i dont think he could have had any good left in him at all. Vader is quite evil, dont get me wrong. but he is also filled with internel conflict. i dont think a "click" would have allowed for that conflict to exsist.

i was happy to see that dude in a wheelchair (Cliegg Lars), cuz if i ever wanted to be a star wars character and do so convincingly. i got him now ....not that i do that sorta thing

46yrs • M
I understand your click point, but to kill children and family figures takes a better more torturous mentality than I feel was displayed or explained.

Again, I liked the movie, especially visually and conceptually, as a fan I merely point out what would have made it better for me. Which I can probably only do because it came so close, where as if it had totally sucked I wouldn't have a clue or bother.

Ha, I think I R Me needs to get to work superimposing you into the film for shits and giggles. I'd watch it.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think Natalie Portman is a fantastic actress, loved her in Garden State (is 'proffesional' the alternitive name to Leon?) I also really liked the scene with Anakin crying in the jedio temple before going to palpatine. One thing I didn't like was that, especially in the first few scenes, in an attempt to make Anamin look like a really great fighter, they made Obi-wan look really bad (those droids on his ship, getting side-lined in the Dooku fight etc.) There was that tiny sequence showing Yoda and Obi taking back the jedi temple - I wish that had been extended.

P.S Just before Padme dies she says "there is good in him" or something along those lines.

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy