No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. - wesdawgy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Random quotes from a friend (long)

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"The physical form is like an extension of the soul. Think about waves, there are big ones and small ones. Some go on only for a couple feet, some go on for miles, but they all crash eventually. The waves are only on the surface. What is it made of? Water and most of it you can't even see, but it's there. Imagine your soul as water, when you turn into a wave (you are born) and when you crash (you die). You come from water (the soul) and you return to it".

"You foolish bastard. Of course I remember you. Remember that time I pulled you out of that burning car? Or the time I O.D.'d and you had to give me the adrenaline shot in the heart? Oh man, good times."

"Most people in the U.S. have been taught that reincarnation is a stupid belief. I remember when I used to hear about it, I was disgusted by how crazy it was. To me now, reincarnation fills in all the blanks. The death of children being one of the big ones. I don't claim that reincarnation is the absolute truth, but I believe in it. In the end we all have to choose our beliefs, just make sure you base it off of the right things. Who knows really what the fuck is going on in this world? We live in a crazy world, hold on to the people you can trust because they are more rare than you think."

"Anger is an extension of sadness"

"All you will ever be in life is how you treat people"

"I have heard about morning glory seeds. You may not know this, but that's how the Salem witch trials started. Two of the local town girls went into a field of morning glories and started tripping out, that's why people thought that it was witches that had "possessed" the girls, when really they were just tripping balls. I saw it on the history channel. Who says history is boring?"

" Remember, it's ignorant to judge anybodyfor any
reason, life is so complex that most likely you'll never fully understand anything or anyone, so how can you judge them? When people judge others, it's because they don't understand them. When you understand something, you can't
judge it because you see it for what it is, truth. The cup is neither half empty or half full, but rather both, truth is often a paradox, two opposite things coexisting at the same time. He's been mailing me down some "funk" every once in awhile so that proves that he's a decent human being, regardless of
where he likes to stick it." <---Him talking about one of his homosexual friends, whom I used the term "fag" infront of (But I didn't know he was gay, it was funny though haha).

"Remember, always listen to your gut"

"The only permanent thing in life is change, go with it my young grasshopper"

And here is the long one....

"Why are we here? Nobody knows." -the Pixies

I've always felt that I've needed a guide or something to validate my thoughts and actions, but the only thing you can hope to guide or save you is yourself. Socrates said life is like being dragged by a mule. The more you struggle, the
more pain there is. Either way you are going to end up where the mule is taking you, but the amount of pain you go through it up to you. Accept your situation for what it is, go with it.
Something I read once made a lot of sense. People feel like there's something wrong with the world, with life, something that they can't define because as spirits we are all eternal. The fact that you will succumb to sickness and eventually death is unnatural. We are all eternal and we are all connected, but it's hard to see it when you are in this physical form. I've often wondered how it seems that to truly understand the concept of God or the afterlife in this limited failing body is impossible and yet I feel a pressure to make a decision on something that I can't fully comprehend. How did
humans, being physical and limited even come up with a concept of God unless It exists. In this physical realm there exists nothing that would resemble our idea of God. "I need something beautiful to die for, to make life beautiful to live."
If you believe in reincarnation, as I do, then people's actions can be viewed as living out their karma. If someone is harming another, it could be from a past life encounter. It's hard to see the bigger picture, when you are focused on a
small portion. The truth is we don't know, we can only try to make the right decision for ourselves and not others. If you want to believe in something believe in yourself and that your actions affect the world in a positive and/or negative way. I think Nelson Mandella said that the greatest fear people have is not that they are useless, but rather that they are something great, that they are wasting their talent and ability.
I knew a girl that got raped and it seemed that no good came out of it. When she went to the doctor to be examined, they found that she had early stages of cancer in her uterus. They found it early on enough to keep her alive, but they
wouldn't have if she hadn't gotten raped. Now in this case we can see the good, but it's almost never so clear why all these bad things happen. Think of it like this: you are a dog, your master is God, he takes you to the vet to get a shot to insure your good health in the future. You do not understand the reasoning behind it and are upset at the pain. You can't comprehend the purpose. God is beyond mentally superior to us, how can we judge things we on't even understand. God works in mysterious ways. Also it seems most people epect God to come to them that he should come show himself to them. Why would God a superior being have to come to us as if he serves us. If there is any chance of understnading God, we must come to him. The more I learn, the more I learn how little I really know.

Thats it ladies and gents. If you actually read all of this, or no matter how much of it you read, I hope some of it was helpfull. I hope some of it sparked your intrigue. And I hope some, if not all of it, made you think.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I've always felt that I've needed a guide or something to validate my thoughts and actions, but the only thing you can hope to guide or save you is yourself.

so true...

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
Yes, yes it is. I think pretty much everything he says is true. At least to me, it all makes sense, it all adds up. He is the one that got me started on this whole ordeal. Thinking, pondering, questioning life and its values...things of that nature.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there's something he says tho about God not needing to come to us which is true......but God does anyway...sometimes we just don't listen, or we don't have the patience enough to wait.........all we can do is live and keep our eyes open enough to see the doors being opened.. life is way more simpler than so many people make it... or tell your friend 730 said he's cool...

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
uhm, so when you are with this fellow do you walk around with pen and pad in hand?

its good that you have been impacted so much by another person. but its important to be your own person as well. find your own opinions and thoughts and be confident in them. people are a lot smarter than they give themselves credit for.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeh, I was wondering about that. how did you remember all that he's said? He sure is a person you'd want to walk around with a taperecorder with.

37yrs • M •
hahaha...no I dont walk around with a pen and a pad, although I would have like 50 million more things to put on this thread if I did...most of that is from AIM convos, and emails. He is actually my best friends older brother, and he lives in California. Ever seen the show the Surreal Life? He is a camera man for that show. Crazy huh? He comes up here every once and while to visit his brother, and when he does, god damn. We just sit around, drink wine (for some reason he LOVES to drink wine...I have no idea why), and talk. lol. And we play a lot of cards too, texas hold em to be exact. He is hilarious too, if I had a tape recorder, I probably would have it on at all times when I was around him, hahaha.

35yrs • F •
well, you friend seems priceless, not that he's up for bids or anything.

Wine? I got to go to a brewery, it's really cool to see how it's made and all. Used to love, and also acouple other drinks, maybe a bit too much. I stopped drinking.

Maybe you should really consider bringing a tape recorder around.

37yrs • M •
Meh, I've tried to stop drinking a couple times. But it doesn't work. Not saying that I'm like an alcoholic or anything, but it just makes shit so much more fun lol

35yrs • F •
you bet it's more fun... ...I guess since then though, I just feel nasty when I drink.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy