Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

bret easton ellis

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
bret easton ellis
he wrote american psycho among others, but i heard the book was a lot better than the movie (didn't like the movie all that much). i saw this book by him at the library called less than zero--read the back cover and the first page and it looked pretty good. anybody like this guy?

"You are reading this."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that May Day is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I read Less Than Zero back in high school a couple of years ago. My boyfriend is reading American Psycho and he loves it so far.

Something about the author bothers me. I read about Ellis and it seems like all he does is write about his former personas and comment on how dreadful they were. He's not embracing the fact that he was in a new wave band in the '80s; he laments about it in Less Than Zero. It reminds me of a middle school kid who turns quote unquote punk and makes fun of the quote unquote preppy kids despite the fact that they were in khakis and polo shirts last year.

Depending on how old you are, you might appreciate the 80s flashback (cocaine and an MTV that only played videos). There's a movie too. It has one of the Sheens in it, I think. Martin or Michael or Charlie or whoever. Which one was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Anyway, I wouldn't know if you would like it or not since I don't know you, but it's fairly short. If it sucks, at least you didn't waste a lot of time

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that May Day is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I read that Charlie didn't sleep to achieve that strung out look for FBDO. I think maybe it was actually Robert Downy Jr. in Less Than Zero. But I do know for sure that the guy in American Psycho is going to be in Batman Beyond (his name escapes me at the moment).

bret easton ellis
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy