Make everything you do perfect and perfection will always attract you - JulieLindberg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Blair Witch

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Blair Witch
I saw this movie not too long ago and think it's one of the greatest horror movies ever made. Having read some reviews on the internet, and hearing the opinions of the people in my school, I realized that people either loved it or hated it. I don't see how anybody with even the slightest imagination can see this movie as being boring or pointless. The last scene in the old woman's cabin seriously kept me up for a few nights. I just got the second one in the mail and haven't watched it yet, but I heard that it shows the Blair Witch in it, so I can't wait to watch it later today. Well, I wanted to know what other people thought of this movie and try to see what the majority of the public opinion is on this movie.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i never saw it in the movie theatre so i never really got the "full effect" i guess. watching it at home alone in the dark in my room though (at the advice of one of my best friends who is a huge fan of the movie), i must say, all i did was chuckle through the entire movie. if they hadnt been constantly cursing i may have been able to take the movie slightly seriously. i did love the last fifteen minutes or so, very intense, very creative and un-hollywoodized if you will.

i never saw the second one because the same friend informed me that it was "worse than diarrhea" and upon viewing the previews and seeing that they had gone very hollywood with it, i decided it probably wasnt for me.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Too scary for me.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just saw the movie yesterday and i thought it was an pretty good movie.it was pretty boring in the beggining but it finaly started to get good when the kids started to completely lose it.when they find out that they went in a giant circle after going south for the entire day was when it picked up.after that i was on the edge of my seat for the rest of the movie.i knew that it wouldent show a witch or anything so it kind of ruined the biggest part of the fright for me.but it was still pretty.....not scary,but just.......strange.i was surprised when there were no sounds recorded after the cameras were droped in the basement.and i agree with cujo that people either loved it or hated it.over all i would give it a 7/10.my brother is actually going to go to the college that the three kids went to next year,in Orlando,FL.there is a lot of speculation on wether the movie was real or not and im really curious to find out.maybe i could get him to find out for me.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
The Blair Witch
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy