Why do we fear the dark when all it does is conceal everything we see when its light? - spankster501
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Insanity Check?

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
SpewieChan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Insanity Check?
Okay, let me start of with stating that I DO know that homicidal/suicidal thoughts are normal.. But how far can it go before it turns to insane?

Here is my worry: Lately and more offen still, I have been having sudden urges to go out to a overly crowded store and just slit the wrist of an innocent and watch the blood drip and run down their fingers.. I offen scare myself when this thought fritters into my mind. It just comes out of no where. Yes, mainly when I am depressed, and I do have history of self-mutilation. But this image and thought has scared me more than anything I've ever thought in this state. It makes me feel like I am losing my grip on sanity.

Is it a phase? Is it just me? Or is there something mentally wrong with me??

""Life Is But A Dream""
 40yrs • F •
damnskippy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey Spewie,

first of all let me tell you that i understand where you are coming from.

also, let me tell you that you are not insane.

It is good that you are aware of, and questioning you thoughts. And i feel that it is even better that they scare you. If you were not concerned by these thoughts, and comefortable with them, then i would question your sanity, but the truth is the opposite, you are worried by these thoughts, and sharing them with others, and asking advice, and this is all good.

Talk to someone you trust, a teacher, a parent, a friend (or continue to talk to us, keep us posted and continue to share)

I think everone has thoughts that are distructive and which scare them. the important thing is that these are just thoughts and not actions, and as long as that is how they remain things are in your control.

keep your head up,
i'm here if you need me,
I try to stop in when i can.

Peace

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yea the fact that these thoughts do concern you is a good indication of you still being on the "healthy" side. another thing to look out for is if the thoughts are controllable or not. once it pops in to your head are you able to recongnize it and push it away, or does the thought remain whether you want it to or not... if you arent able to control it, then you have a problem. strange things pop in to my head all the time, no idea where some of it even comes from, but if i dont like it i can get rid of it pretty quick.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
,all it means is that you have to talk to real people face to face more, then those thoughts will vanish.

"He who does not question is lost."
[  Edited by St. Jimmy at   ]
Insanity Check?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy