Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Little Quiz - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know what any of that has to do with the chosen quotes and their point of questioning the validity of biblical claims.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you are asking about the gnat & the camel then as it was written of the spread of disbelief in the church (congregations) so in that I was agreeing with you about the wide spread wrong (teaching)acceptance within the believers.
If you mean the OT, then we are discussing a little different set of circumstances.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ref original post

I've heard this before, though it is not a subject I have not jumped into (yet), but would like to sometime.

One wonders about the dark ages. When only the church held the scriptures and many other books and only certain people were allowed to read. If the church didn't think you were in, you better watch your back. Thoughs dark ages lasted a long time. Long enough to put the proper spin on things to keep the church in power forever.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So the raining frogs is what you desire to point out that their were other (pagan) religions, which bore striking similar> as stated their God was a half human/half form. The GOD of the Jews had no form as such, rather appeared as a pillar of smoke-daylight/ pillar of fire-night which lead Israel out of Eygpt & into the wilderness. Various times God (angels) appeared before His prophets & this comes from the OT or Hebrew Cannons, not historical writing of others.
So I went back to the beginnig of the thread to see what scripture you had stated Not finding the only statement I could see would be Christians laughing at these similar beliefs?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
A Little Quiz - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy