Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Rant - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
free will means we can choose to follow him or not.

The only alternative to following God is following Satan.
In the beginning God could have stopped Satan from rebelling, but then that would mean that God forces His will upon people. After Satan was cast out of heaven God could have killed him, but in doing so God would have removed the choice of good and evil because it is Satan who brings the choice to man. God's will was that Man be freely obedient to Him.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
What happened in the Garden of Eden can be understood with the following story.
A great king takes a trip and he appoints his best friend as steward over his kingdom. The steward can do everything the king can with the authority of the king, the only thing the steward must not do is sit on the throne because to do so would be asserting himself as king and that is treason. The king returns to find his friend in the throne and knows that the punishment for treason is death. Instead of having him killed the king removes all privileges from the steward and Send him out of the palace.

39yrs • M •
Do you think the king and his friend can simply go on in the same manner as before?
Do you think the king was lacking intelligence when he spared his best friend's life?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What came first religion or politics?

This does not matter to me anymore.

What matters is that Christianity or Buddhism (I favouritise based on history, experience and wisd) have at their heart a code by which we can follow. Until a better one comes...they suffice for now.

Every person needs law and order to stop us being animals. We are far from being globally righteous...but the point is good does seem to outwin lesser goods. So, for now, on our paths, but dot be skeptical of religion. We are all born ready to be impressed upon by our environment. If these values are good, then I say allow them. As for fanaticism in wrong course...these will never last long...they simply destroy people when weakness comes along....hope is there for good reason.

""No words""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that MizzXplicit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right so that rant was well said for a rant. usually when i rant nothing makes sense but there were many good points. i am biased as i am a religion trasher as well.
in my opinion, religion trashers such as perception are too smart for thier own good and are sad becasue we see the truth in things. sucks for us.
good job Perception.

"how.empty.of.me.to.be.so.full.of.you"
Rant - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy