Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

soul Ties

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
soul Ties
Okay Soul Ties:
interresting topic of conversation....
begin!

For those who do not know when you have sex your soul joins with your partners,a piece of that stays with you forever, so when you have sex you have sex with that person and every person that they have been with.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mais non.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 41yrs • M •
quote:
Mais non.

but not

as in no you disagre?

41yrs • M •
by the by may i enquire as to what religion you are...i am agnostic but i also have an extreemly broad perspective,im also interrested in the works of austin osama spare of late..

37yrs • M •
I'm atheist. I don't believe in souls in any sense which people can understand.

This sentence will encapsulate it best:
"Each one of us has a soul but nobody else does."

41yrs • M •
understanable when i say soul i dont mean it in that way i see it as a form of energy an essance.

what is your view point on the theory that everything consists of energy?

lets for a moment say that some of that energy is transferd, shared,mixed, fused during intercourse

37yrs • M •
Energy is about physics, I'm not a scientist but from everything is supposed to be energy. The soul is, according to most definitions, supposed to be seperate and different from the material world. In essence it can't be energy.

During intercourse, you trade the skin/membrane cells which rub off, some juices, hair etc. More importantly you get lots of drugs going through you that are just gravvy and your nerves get extra busy sending you happyjuice.

I don't think there is any evidence that there is anything 'soulful' about it. Though it's entirely understandable that you would feel something soulful.

41yrs • M •
Seperate..Yes that is possible diff spectrums or fields of energy...but when I refer to energy I don't mean it in the way which you are thinking of (which I assume is kind of like electricity or atoms jingling around) it's difficult to explain, it's like essence radiance.

Then again let's say atoms; right now could those not be exchanged in some way

I have completely forgotten the original point of posting this o well who cares just ramble on......

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey angelfire...how can you not believe in your soul...or anyone elses?.... You are a soul...if you say you don't believe in the spirit, then that's different....A soul is the joining of body and spirit...and if you "think" you can seperate the two.......you must be on your deathbed...literally...cuz that's the only time they can be seperated......the spirit is the breath inside of you, the consciousness you have....the thoughts inside of you that are intangible and cannot be found in any cells inside of your brain...now if you think of it as purely mechanical....then one person has to be dead..literally....cuz your tends to desire more of what you're having, and desire is an emotion...which is a spiritual trait.....anything that's not physical..(and you can depend on any amount of science you want...but you won't find any emotions in your blood stream) is spiritual.......makes sense?....don't know if I can say it different than that?...

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think what fairyboy is trying to explain is something along the lines of eastern philosophies/religions. "Ki" or life force energy would be exchanged in your theory. though i do not agree there is any transferrence of this energy during intercourse, i do believe that it is the closest the two energies can come in contact with eachother, possibly touching in some way. but of course, this idea requires you to believe in something like Ki.

when i really start to think about dualism, in order for it to be truly real and possible, Ki seems like a neccesity.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
quote:
hey angelfire...how can you not believe in your soul...or anyone elses?

Well, I believe in *my* soul. That is, the connection between the 'world' and the things I experience. The soul is the reason I am experiencing the life of a certain Craig person and not someone else's life.

However, it stops there, I have absolutely no evidence of anyone else's soul. By this reasoning, it means of us can believe in our own soul, but not anyone else's.

Am I making sense?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
prana, thats the word i couldnt come up with. thanks. a couple definately does not have to be involved sexually to experience that connection of the energy (again, i disagree in any sort of exchange) but sex is the most simple and easy way of achieving it. the other ways require them to be in sync with eachother on a very deep and personal level however... something few people have the wisdom and patience for.

im a recent discoverer of Milan Kundera myself. and i must say i am blown away by his work.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Well, I believe in *my* soul. That is, the connection between the 'world' and the things I experience. The soul is the reason I am experiencing the life of a certain Craig person and not someone else's life.

However, it stops there, I have absolutely no evidence of anyone else's soul. By this reasoning, it means of us can believe in our own soul, but not anyone else's.

Am I making sense?

I understand what you're saying...but if everybody walks, talks, experiences like you, then how can you not believe in the possiblities contained in their soul??....it's a total contradiction....you're basically saying that there's nobody else but YOU in this reality...in YOUR reality yes...in this reality, everybody exists...therefore you can do nothing but consider yourself, your soulful making to be one in the same with everybody elses..........

"Being is not knowing!"
soul Ties
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy