It's not how you pick your nose, it's where you put that booger that counts -- Tre Cool of Green Day - Wyote
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is love real?

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is love real?
Is love real? Can a true connection be made with someone on an emotional or spiritual level, or is love just a figment of our imagination?

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what do u mean by "real"

We have already discussed this..

"I have examined all kind of love. I still inquest upon that very inexplicable challenge to comprehend love tho. Is it the impulse for wisdom? The desire for truth as plato said? Beauty? What is it? Knowledge maybe. Does god need love?

What I do know is that love is eternal. Once you have seen true beauty you will no longer care about the things that used to take your breath away."

Love is subjective to the idividual

we are moved by love wether we know it or not..

so love is very real but it doesnt mean we as humans can keep it..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would have guessed this subject was already posted but I didn't see it and im rather new to these forums.

The reason I brought it up is because I have a friend who thinks love is impossible because in order to connect with someone you have to have had the same experiences. We can't love nor understand each other because of this he theorizes. I visualize his idea as a grapling hook. Someone throws a grappling hook towards someone to try to make a connection but it bounces off an invisible wall.

In the hilarity of all ironies that contradict themselves however it would appear as if he has fallin in love.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
wow you can think.. lol jk.. ummm that is interesting.. but even tho you haven't had the same things happen to you, you are made up of the same stuff and require the same basic needs to be satisfied for survival..

these little things ("experiences" ) that have happened to you aren't important if you look at it that way..

not a single two persons go through the exact same day..
you are the only one who knows everything that happens to you.. if you were to be reminded of something that happened to you you would for the most part remember it.. you'r lover wouldn't even know that it happened..
does your lover follow your every move even to the bathroom..

these differences is what makes love.. a relationship has to have differences.. nothing would work if we all lived the exact same past present and future.. these different dimensions is what makes life.. life

37yrs • M •
ok i've been thinking and i've come to realize that love is when you can put yourself in someone else's perspective "their shoes" and you can unselfishly sympathize for them..

after you have understood enough of their life to get this point you can "love" them

but this can't last cuz you obviously have to go back to your own perspective "your own shoes" in order to keep yourself alive..

and you can't ever know for sure everything that has happened or is going to happen to them..
this is where you'r friend makes his point..

but i think love is not our imagination.. it comes and goes.. but like everything else there is a balance..

it's like a roller coaster.. but when you find love even when it goes away it was and still is forever eternal for that period that you had it.. for that is what love is..

an eternal understanding

now only if we could hold on to that brief understanding.. that would make us god

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if love went anywhere that means you wanted to keep it and your grasp wasn't strong enough to hold it....so you spend the rest of your life thinking on what 'could' have been!... Love is only useful when it's given away...don't put yourself in another persons shoes...be in your own shoes and treat them like you would treat yourself....don't leave your reality for another persons......that's sacrificial and that type of love has a tendency to lose substance after a while.....love out of selflessness (like you said).... only when two people who can be theirself come together can there be true love.... It's a reality, because it's relationship....whether you want to deny relationship or not it's who you are...because you are a relationship by yourself....yourself constantly working with your SELF to keep you alive!........other than that..if you don't love anything and you think it's just an imagination I can safely tell you.....just commit suicide!!!

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is the idealogical excuse we create for forming an addiction to another person. it exists only so much as one thinks it exists. it is not a physiological reality insomuch as it is not comprised of unique neurological components unachieved through any other means.the "chemical" experience that is love can and has been recreated without an object/person for it to be directed towards. this suggests to me that love is an eternal essence that exists regardless of an object for it to be directed towards. the object towards which we feel out love is directed is perhaps only a catalyst through which we can "feel"what has been there all along. whatever that means

"dont got one"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^exactly....in a more scientific way...

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is simply love my friend. There is no hope for any scientist to explain this. The proper person would be a frenchmen. Love reminds us that we're humans. The best way to understand it is to have it happen to you.

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 37yrs • M •
i love it no pun intended

simple but very explanational

Is love real?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy