Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Universal Constants

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Universal Constants
What have you noticed to be unwavering constants in the world we live? What seems to be an unbreakable rule?

One I've noticed is balance. Everything seems to be trying to balance itself out(or unbalance it?). For every high there is a low. Where there is happiness there is sadness. Math equations are written as x=y, and when we solve one we call it 'balancing the equation'. Matter and anti-matter.

There's only one other I can think of offhand. I'll bring it up if anyone bites on this thread and doesn't mention it first.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
read the bible jacob and esau, good and evil, god and satan.. just remember that in the end god will win destroying satan and all his followers so plz for your sake follow god. the end is very near

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 43yrs • M •
ah, good example of balance. If God did win however I'm afraid my theory would be trashed and I'd have to be a little bit upset .

37yrs • M •
hahaha you have some remarkable ideas silver you should post in the meaning of life thread..

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes, you've got some pretty good ideas going silver.
Another balance we have is for every action, there is a reaction. Gravity and ant-gravity (space, the planets in orbit are balanced accrodingly). What was you other idea Silver?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 43yrs • M •
Oh I forgot about that one. Action and reaction, cause and effect. I think thats a constant in itself.

The other constant I believe in is relativity. In regards to people we all live in our own worlds. We are single entities observing everything external and relating it to past experiences. This applies to physics as well with Einstein's theory of general relativity. Space and time are essentially relative to whatever object is doing the observing. Every object is at the center of all things. The center of the universe, and not centered relative to all other things.

I hope others get goosebumps thinking about this stuff.

37yrs • M •
Yin/Yang philosophy

Each thing depends upon its opposite in order to exist; thus Yin 'creates' Yang and Yang 'creates' Yin.

Everything in the physical world has an opposite. There are no absolutes in the manifest universe. All things and phenomena in the universe contain two opposite aspects – Yin and Yang – which are, at the same time, both interdependent and in conflict. They may be seen as complementary and yet also in opposition to each other.

Yin and Yang can further be explained as a duality that cannot exist without both parts. Within Yang, there is a small piece of Yin. Within Yin, there is a small piece of Yang.

Yin attracts Yang and Yang attracts Yin. The greater the difference, the greater the attraction. Yin repels Yin and Yang repels Yang. The greater the similarity the greater the repulsion.

On one level, when there is an antagonistic relationship between opposites this leads to destruction. However, from the larger perspective, the balance of Nature is always maintained.

43yrs • M •
Yep I'm a rather firm believer in the Yin/Yang of it all. It's one of the few things I put alot of beans in.

That and dang I'm hungry therefore I must eat beans.

and dang those beans are relatively far away. Do I really feel like expending the effort to get them.

Universal Constants
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy