There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fitness

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fitness
How often do you exercise? Do you enjoy it? Do you weight lift? What are your physical goals?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I excercise everyday. Mostly aerobics stuff, sit-ups and push-ups. I like to run a lot. I want to lose an inch.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I bike to work every day its about 4km each way and i bike unless its really icy or below -20 C. But that seems to be to little being inactive in the winter.... I will be so gladwhen spring rolls around....Weightlifting - no sound like it is a good idea though.
I'm so out of shape its hilarious.... to be more out of shape than me you'd have to be dead.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 46yrs • F •
SaLaLune is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i go to the gym for wieght training 5 days a week and I also train 7 days in the art of Muay Thai Kickboxing .

"this lifetime is merely an illusion created by the dreamer"
 37yrs • M •
Thats kool does anyone take any kind of dietary supplements?

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to be an avid weight lifter. I had 183/4' upper arms, 52' chest, 36' waist, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 18% body fat. Until the accident anyways, then it was a fast plummet to round-dom, and a major escalation in Rheumatoid Arthritis pain, which I had kept at bay through my good health.

As for diet suppliments, never used them. I did, and still, take St. John's Wort daily, and a multivitamin.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

I LOVE WEIGHT LIFTING

It is kind of like my life, well theres my girlfriend too. But im trying to be a bodybuilder. Not like to those huge guys in the magazines, like Muscle And Fitness. But i want a beach body, and im almost there. Right now im working on a killer six-pack, the rest of my body is in extremly good shape. I go to the gym everyday, for 5 days i weight train. I do power excersies like Bench, Power Clean, Squat, Incline, Roman Deadlifts, etc., etc. I train my abs everyday, beacuase nobody wants HUGE abs, they just want killer abs, the ones that u can see the ridges in. When u work your abs every day, you are making your abdominal muscles smaller, and more cut. I am trying to get that X-Frame for my body. The other 2 days i do cardio to strengthen my heart so i can do more reps when i weight train, and also to lose fat to show off my muslces.

I dont know if there are people out there like me, but i love to work out. I train my friends, my girlfriend, my family to get into shape. I think ill become a personal trainer later on in my life, but not full-time. I hear they make lots of money. And they get to work out and get paid for it!

37yrs • M •
yea jimmy you sound alot like myself.. How much do you wiegh?

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jimmy, although I cannot claim to be an expert, I do have some experience to draw upon. Too much weight training, especially for someone your age, can be dangerous in the long run. I would suggest cutting weight training down to 3 days a week at the very most, and two days to be ideal. This would allow your muscles and ligaments to recover, and that muscle rest is proven to increase muscle tone and size more effectively than every day workouts. Cardio is good every day though, it will keep the body fat content down, keep heart and lungs fit, and help with muscle tone.

I went from 340 pounds at high school graduation, to the above-described dimensions in less than two years. Even today, some ten years post-accident, I still retain some strength, and even some definition in the pectoral and shoulders, except in the belly area of course.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lynnz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont exercise as much as i should....i would probably say i exercise once a week with running and sit-ups. I just dont have the time and im one of those people who has great metabolism so i could eat cookies and junk food with a clear conscience

"Keep your mind open so your thoughts are free to explore"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lynnz, your lucky. I just want to lose an inch before the summer. I know it's not the best time in the day to exercise, but if I don't get it during the day, I do it at night before I go to be, no matter how late it is. But the best time to exercise is first thing in the morning, before you eat breakfast. It's said it burns 3x more fat then any other time. Because we get carbohydrates from our previous meal (supper), when we sleep our body uses it as energy for body functions when we sleep. So in the morning, we don't have carbohydrates in our body (or as much) as a source of energy, so then our body will look for fat to burn instead.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Analyitcal i weigh about 156lbs, im pretty skinny. But right now im bulking up, so ive got more pounds to gain.

Irish pagan i understand that if you overtrain you not only lose muscle, but they wither away and its harder to gain them back, but ive started a new diet in which i have to eat about 5 to 6 meals a day, each with 30grams of protien to nourish my body when i go workout. What happens is if youve supplied your body with enough protien(1.5 to 2grams of protien per each body pound) then it isnt dangerous to workout with weights 5 days a week. And i only do a workout session for 45 minutes with a minute of rest between each set. My goal is to gain 30 pounds of pure muscle and to have a lean beach body, hope i get there in 2 years.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my exersize is sex and i exersize once a week i don't exersize at all but i've heard sex is good for burning calories lol and i think its funny when guys come up to me n they use that cheesey line mmm milk did ur body good cuz milk makes me sick at my stomach i can't drink it lmao but my doctor think's i'm healthy tho i think if he new my eatin and exersizin habbits he wouldn't tho ....my diet is WENDY'S my exersize would seriously be sex and chasin kittens all over my apartment tho i can't lift nething never tried was told not to doctors orders

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive lifted weights on and off over the years, right now im off lol. its important to at least get out and walk at least a couple times a week.

im pretty sure you have to have sex three or more times a week before it starts to have a significant effect. oh no, now you have to ask for more sex! what a terrible thing...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
more sex where

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
Fitness
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy