Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The time is NOW! IT is your choice. - Page 2

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well well well...pots calling the kettle black.

I have been a member here longer than both of you....so who are the trolls?
I just dont live on here... I moderate one of the largest sites online.

Angelfire signed up September 13th, 2003
TheIrishPagan signed up March 9th, 2005

I joined June 13th, 2003.

So, who are the trolls?

Trolls are lewd and ignorant, and regard themselves highly intelligent...and they call other members names.

NOW... who would this fit? I wont wonder...I see it.
How many times have you called me a fool?

AS far as theology..I could answer and slaughter your ingratitude...however, it is written...

"Do not cast your pearls before swine."

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And I have been on this earth longer than you. So whats your point?

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You've been calling me evil, I call you ignorant. No sorry, you are ignorant. You've made ludicrous claims such as the crowds chanting for democracy, or 500k conversions to Christianity in Iraq. All ridiculous and pathetic.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 56yrs • F •
Who is the fool, the one who does not find out if info is true, or the one who does?

I said God shall take care of the wicked....and thus I have no need to even try to argue...a closed mind absorbs nothing, including light..

I did my duty..your soul is not in my hands.

You have your right to your free will. But without God, the wicked as "GOD calls them"....shall perish.

59yrs • M •
'Who is the fool, the one who does not find out if info is true, or the one who does?'

Define truth. Are you speaking Fundie Xian truth, or the truth of everyone else?
-----------------------
'...a closed mind absorbs nothing, including light..'

Now whom is kettle calling?
----------------------
'You have your right to your free will. But without God, the wicked as "GOD calls them"....shall perish.'

And in 50 years, I'll treat for the coffee, just so I can look over the Diner table and gloat. And in my opinion, that is an example of just another tool for the Church to utilize, to coerce people to stay and fill their power base requirements. "Don't follow us, and your will go to Hell and perish and suffer eternal damnation with the sinners." Worked well enough during the Dark Ages, I would have thought people too enlightened to fall for that today.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Patrish, I had no intention of offending you or insulting your beliefs, so please don't be offended. What I was saying is if you want others to believe as you do, you need to change the way you teach about God. I am not saying anything bad about your intelligence, your religion, your beliefs, JUST YOUR METHOD. There are better ways of expressing your message to people. As you can see, by continuing what you are doing, you are insulting others for their beliefs and it's not helping others love God like you want them to.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in the words of a very dear friend of mine because i'm just as pagan an heathen as he only he's older and wiser "you see ur god in your church and in your bible i see him/her in the sun set ,in the sun rise, in the stars, in the forest , in the moon ,in the beautiful flowers, in the animals ,and all of gods' creations so i see him/her as many gods not just one and that doesn't make me evil or wicked "....and irish i have a fealing you n my friend would love each other lol

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 56yrs • F •
quote:
'...a closed mind absorbs nothing, including light..'

Now whom is kettle calling?
----------------------

God is Light. I kinda figured it would go over your head.

Attolia, I do not coddle.
Many who are hard are impenetrable.
Jesus never coddled. He was plain spoken. Either take it or leave it.

Pagans.... many gods.
How many times have these gods ever did anything miraculous?

Why does it take several?

Why would a band of gods get together and all have seperate jobs?

AND how many have shown the whole world whom they are.

IN fact, pagans are the reason thru out the history of man why natural disasters have come.

AND I venture to guess many more yet to come.

God is a jealous God. He made us, He doesnt want us to have strange affections for gods who do not exist.

59yrs • M •
"IN fact, pagans are the reason thru out the history of man why natural disasters have come."

As absurd a statement as ever. You are more than welcome to your opinions, but that is all that statement is. So all of those natural disasters that occurred, and are occurring, during the Christian Reign originated where?

Gee, I don't suppose they occurred because we live on a fluid, dynamic world? I don't suppose that Teutonic drift, volcanic activity, and vagaries in weather might be responsible?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 59yrs • M •
Well, analytical, long, very long, but an interesting read. I always thought it is good to hear other people's opinions.

'Pagans.... many gods. How many times have these gods ever did anything miraculous? Why does it take several?'

We have many Gods, yes. And you have one God, and Satan, and all those other Angels. Many of your Angels can trace their roots to ancient Pagan culture. For example, Hiemdahl was a Vanir who guarded the base of the bridge Bifrost. His job was to sound his horn when Ragnarok (the end of the world) approached. Sound familiar? Or keeping with the Asatru religion, one of Odin's sons was what could be termed evil and malicious, always trying to trick people into giving up their possessions or doing naughty things. Sound familiar? And let us not forget the mighty Thor, the God people would pray to, to be avenged if they were viciously wronged in some way. Sound familiar?

Concerning 'miracles' as defined by your Church, there are innumerable instances of Pre-Christian Gods and Goddesses resurrecting and healing people, inspiring mortals in song, art, and prose, fooling around with mortals and making babies (sound familiar?), relieving drought, destroying invading foes (The Divine Wind of Japan for instance) etc, etc. You tell me to 'read a book' when perhaps you should, literature is dripping with ancient miracles ascribed to the old Pagan Gods. Pagan 'miracles' occur even today, every time a Pagan helps someone to heal themselves, or casts a divination, or speaks with the dead. All are accomplished with the help of our Gods and Goddesses.

We did not arise from a Patriarchal society, as did Zionism and Xianism, so our Goddesses are just as divine as our Gods, and hold equal importance among our religions. That concept bleeds over into our society structure. I find it strange that woman Fundamentalists defends her own subjugation. That is not said out of any sense of cruelty or malicious intent; it's a fact, according to your own scripture. Just out of pure curiosity, I don't ever recall a female angel being referenced to; I would truly be interested to hear of any, it may be an oversight on my part.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why have many gods?...why have one god?...when all is God, therefore many and one is all!....why argue??...
"wise men shouldn't argue with fools, cuz from afar you can't tell who is who"...sound familiar??....lol...hahaha...lmao

"Being is not knowing!"
 59yrs • M •

Cant help it, it's one of my faults, opinionated AND stubborn.

59yrs • M •
'Attolia, I do not coddle. Many who are hard are impenetrable. Jesus never coddled.'

It never fails to amaze me that people will assume to know their God's 'Will', or what Jesus may have thought about certain subjects

And you also appear to be confusing 'coddle' with 'respect'. Some claim I 'hate Christians', and I have even been called a religious bigot at times. If standing up for your principles, and your religious beliefs is an action of bigotry, then feel free to label me such.

I have never once disrespected the Christian religion; its fanatical, fundamentalist, prejudiced, biased practitioners, certainly. But never the religion itself, or those who truly follow that religion and it's doctrine, such as those we seem to mention often, Gandhi and Pope John Paul.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesass Freak'n Christ....

why is everyone makin personal cuts toward eachother.

angelfire and pagan seem extremely anti-religion. Its almost as if you refuse to see obvious truth in the matters because its association with religion. A religion you clearly wont have any part in or encouragment of, because you fear it for being a "world dominating" religion. If you want everyone to be more secular, how about "you" hardxcore secularists stop being so bias...

maybe then we'd be closer to fulfilling your "a-theos dreams..

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
The time is NOW! IT is your choice. - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy