Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Good read

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Loner is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good read
If your into psychology, this is an interesting book to read. "What Happend To Lani Garver" by Carol Plum-Ucci talks about mental health, finding oneself, accepting things as they are and not how you think they should be, family life...it has everything, plus it has good charcaters too.
I talks about how Claire is worried about her cancer coming back, while facing up to her friends, and bearing her mom's alcoholism. She meets this guy named Lani, who's life she tried to uncover, while he helps her cope with life and at the same time, trying to deal with his own problems. Near the end, things start to get dangerous and everything falls apart, revealing things for what they really are.
It's a great book, check it out sometime.

"You gain 1, you get screwed over 3 times worse."
 37yrs • F •
Ripplez is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
is this fiction or non ? i think id be interested in reading this, thanks for the rec

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's fiction. It's one of my favorites too.

Another good psycology book is Dr. Neruda's Cure For Evil and The Face Of Another.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
Good read
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy