Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Jacket

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Jacket
i knew very little about this movie going in to it, man was i surprised as well as impressed. this movie hasnt gotten nearly the amount of advertising it deserves... i mean it has frikkin Adrien Brody, Keira Knightley, Jennifer Jason Leigh AND Kris Kristofferson!

***SPOILERS***

the main focus of the movie is Adrien's character, Jack Starks. the beginning of the movie is disorienting... on purpose. you are thrown in to Jacks life from the get go, all his traumatic events unfold and ultimately he ends up in the looney bin... then the movie really gets started. anyone who is claustrophobic in the slightest will find many portions of this movie terrifying, you are put right in a dark hole with Jack... and what begins to unfold is a total mind trip. i wont give away much, but i will say it deals with time travel and the way everything intertwined was pretty interesting to me. i was not particularly fond of the sappy hollywood ending, but it served its purpose and was satisfying enough for the plot.

Keira Knightly stuck out through the whole movie (damn she was hot!) her performance was very different than anything she has done so far, and she pulled it off very well. truthfully i didnt know it was her for a large portion of the movie.

a fun, thought provoking flick!

6.75/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
The Jacket
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy