Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

do you ever?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you ever?
look at people in a conversation or like a big happening that everyones paying attetnion to, and instead of playing along with them, obserb them? and say yea whats the point this happens that happens its all part of everything whatever.. we get stimulated, good times bad times.. and it feels like your the only one thinking like that.. can anoyone sorta realte??

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
definately, happens pretty often when im in large groups. i feel sort of outside of myself as well as the situation, if that makes sense.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeh, I that happens to me quite often. I never feel as if I truly belong anywhere, so I have a tendency to watch, question who they really are, what they really want. But then I sometimes go further and pretend I'm seeing out of their eyes, and feeling what they feel. Is that what your talking about?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One time in Physics. My teacher was explaining some formula. And i just started thinking about other life( other than humans ) and i pictured how they would view us for the first time. As i looked around the room, i took a new approach. Instead of associating pictures and feelings with faces, instead of recognizing, i started seeing with new eyes for the first time...again!. lol. it was really kewl. i started to see how un-evolved we are. How we're still working on formulas. How we still measure gravity and develope explainations. How we never apply any of it. All this retaining and nothing used or carried out. It was really a trip.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 36yrs • M •
PawnPuppeteer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
tripped like that once ekimup

"Play life like Chess"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
..yeh, but i was indeed sober

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We people: you, and I on this forum are actually the geniueses of society. We think diffrently, we absorb, empathize, then reach a conclusion. That is how geniueses think, like Einstien.

I too had the same experiance in my Biology class. My teacher was teaching us about evolution, then suddenly a youth raises his hand and says "I will not believe that we evolved from apes".

I imagined myself to be someone else from a different world, viewing this primitive alien society as for the first time. Thinking how primitive they are, they cant even accept their ideas on how they were created.

I realized our species still has a long way to go

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol. This happens to me everyday. My mind and spirit roams freely while my body is trapped in one position.

Why can't everyone achieve a higher level of awareness? What do we achieve with this higher level of awareness?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its not exactly that we have a long way to go. i think its more that our current status is far below our maximum potential. we will probably never reach that maximum, and as a result, the people who are more aware of themselves as individuals will always feel very much below their whole potential. the more aware of yourself you are, the more you come to understand how much more you are capable of.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •
Isnt there anything we can do about this problem?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Heh, its not a problem, its an acivement. I think like that all the time. One time me and a whole buncha other people were talking about 911 and i just said out of the blue, if osama did it, it can be possible to anyone. I beleive that we can do anything, but i feel like everyone is so slow around me. I think how we can improve on our technology so quick and fast, but everyone thinks im crazy.

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 34yrs • M •
I didnt say thinking like this was a problem, listen to Wyote, he says:

"its not exactly that we have a long way to go. i think its more that our current status is far below our maximum potential. we will probably never reach that maximum, and as a result, the people who are more aware of themselves as individuals will always feel very much below their whole potential. the more aware of yourself you are, the more you come to understand how much more you are capable of."

That is the problem im talking about

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know, I used to. And then I realized, "Jesus, these people are talking about extremely stupid shit right now, I don't need to be going along with this when I could be doing something more productive!"

I cut them out of my life and then resorted to taking shots of Smirnoff and Bacardi because it's more productive.

There comes a point in life where simple observation and essay writing of the sociological behavior of society becomes mundane and pointless. They're going to keep talking regardless of the analyses you make.

I'm no genius of society, I just like to sit back and mind my own business and go about life the way I see fit. If I want to help people, I will, no one needs to know what I'm doing unless I know they're sincerely interested.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 34yrs • M •
Hey! ive been writing essays on society, too. By now ive wrote essays on the theories of death, society, life, god, consicense, and human thought. But the problem is whenever i go to school and i tell them about my essays, and my theories no one seems to give a shit.

do you ever?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy