When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car. - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Binary Reasoning

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
TraptInLogicBox is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Binary Reasoning
Does binary reasoning (A is either true or false) expand or limit our knowledge or both?
I think both.. what do you think?

"I\'m stuck in a logic box and I can\'t get out..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm kind of confused about binary logic. Suppose you say "X is 75% true".

Well, if you were to convert that in to binary logic you might say: "It is true that X is 75% true".

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • F •
TraptInLogicBox is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
No, according to binary logic..or the law of the excluded middle, there can be no 75% true, if its 75% true, there must be some falsity to it, and either tha 25% t part of the statement is false or the whole thing is false and therefore, only the 75% of that statement..which becomes the 100% statement, and therefore is all true. you cant have 75% true..its either black or not black, not 75% black.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a dark gray is 75% black. binary logic serves a very good purpose, but relying on it exclusively for life hinders you from things in the long run.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You might say "X is 75% true". That statement can be either 100% true or 100% false, thus fitting into binary logic. Can binary logic contain a fuzzy statement?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
anything can be worded in such a manner to fit binary logic. but i refuse to believe everything operates that way.

35yrs • F •
well yes, i mean, we have intuition and psychics, they dont necessary (conciously) operate that way, and i guess that you cant really solve paradoxes, but is it reliable i mean, man has gotten so far with cures, i mean either those work or dont, and math..can't we say we have expanded our knowledge?

40yrs • M •
sure, the best thing since religion. and in many ways logic is religion.

Binary Reasoning
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy