If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. - Thomas Szasz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

death lives through us

User Thread
 19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
death lives through us
i have a theory and id like to share it with you. last january i was walking with my boyfriend. we were crossing the street and i was walking a little farther ahead of him.well he was too slow and got hit by a pick up truck. i turned around right when it happened and he flew a few yards down the road. when i ran over to him his insides were out. i could see the pavement through his chest. i'm sorry for this description but its all i know to say about this. well i cracked right then and there. my legs gave out underneathe me. i sat on the ground right near his head. his eyes were open slightly and they were looking right at me. at that moment i got the strangest feeling. it was cold, warm, sad, happy, relieved, guiltful, anger...all at the same time. that feeling never quite left me. from the minute i looked in his cold eyes to every word i am typing i still feel it. i think it is him living through my memory. living through the memories i have of us together. talking, walking, kissing. every memory i have of him. i bet his mom and brother feel the same thing. though i am relieved they didnt ever have to see him lying there. but i think that people live in the memories of people they knew. like he will live as long as there is someone who has his memories. someone that knows his story. i think this is true for everyone.

so when you think about it, if no one knows you, you will cease to exist after you die because no one will have any memories of you. so i think that we should all make as many friends as we can. even enemies. so that when the friends and enemies die, they will have someone to live through. and so will you.

in memory of Jake Thompson 89-04

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A common theoretical construction among "personality theorists" is a collective unconscious, to use jungian terminology. what this concept is supposed to represent is the telopathic transmission of the sum total of the human experience. essentially, thrugh this collective unconscious, (which exists in aspects of our minds we are rarely able to access) every human life that was ever lived exists in it's entierty.

"dont got one"
 19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
as dumb as i am sometimes i acually understood that. and it makes alot of sense

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
death lives through us
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy