The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along. - Locut0s
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Excerp: America is not a Christian Nation - Page 8

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did the Founding Fathers Believe Christianity Was the Basis of American Government?

Do you think our Founding Fathers believed in God and founded America as a Christian nation? The Supreme Court answered this question in 1892 and cited fifty historical examples to prove America was indeed a Christian nation. These are just a few:

Governor Bradford, in writing of the Pilgrims` landing, describes their first act: "Being thus arrived in a good harbor and brought safe to land, they fell upon their knees and blessed the God of heaven...."

The New England Charter, signed by King James 1, confirmed the goal of the first settlers to be: "to advance the enlargement of Christian religion, to the glory of God Almighty."

The goal of government based on Scripture was affirmed by individual counties, such as is found in the Rhode Island Charter of 1683, which begins: "We submit our persons, lives and estates unto our Lord Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords and to all those perfect and most absolute laws of His given us in His holy Word."

Benjamin Franklin stood and addressed the Continental Congress with these words: "In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor....Have we now forgotten this powerful friend? Or do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?

I have lived, sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: that God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"

George Washington, in his inaugural address to Congress as the first president of the nation stated: "No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the invisible hand which conducts the affairs of men more than the people of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency...."

One of George Washington`s first official acts was the first Thanksgiving proclamation, which reads, "Whereas, it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor..." It goes on to call the nation to thankfulness to Almighty God.

Thomas Jefferson said: "Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever."

President John Quincy Adams: "The first and almost the only book deserving of universal attention is the Bible."

Andrew Jackson: "Go to the Scriptures...the joyful promises it contains will be a balsam to all your troubles."

From President Abraham Lincoln`s Proclamation for a National Day of Fasting, Humiliation, and Prayer, April 30, 1863: "We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven. We have been preserved, these many years, in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth and power, as no other nation has ever grown.

But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with undroken success, we have become too self- sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us! It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness."

The Supreme Court Decision 1892---Church of the Holy Trinity Vs. The United States: "Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of The Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian....This is a religious people. This is historically true."

President Woodrow Wilson: "...the Bible...is the one supreme source of revelation of the meaning of life, the nature of God and spiritual nature and need of men. It is the only guide of life which really leads the spirit in the way of peace and salvation."

In spite of these statements, many people today say that the Founding Fathers never intended for religious principles to be part of public life or public affairs. They add: Doesn`t being a Christian nation really threaten pluralism? Interestingly, the Founding Fathers discuss that and they felt that it enhanced it.

Patrick Henery made a very clear statement: "It cannot be emphasized too often or too strongly that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians; not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ....It is for this reason that people of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here."

It must be concluded that our Founding Fathers did believe in God and founded America as a Christian nation.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
Most people don't realize what this nation was like at its beginning. Even as late as 1776 – 150 years after a Christian group we refer to as the Pilgrims moved their church to America, we see the population of our country as: 98 percent Protestant Christians, 1.8 percent Catholic Christians, and .2 of 1 percent Jewish. That means that 99.8% of the people in America in 1776 professed to be Christians.

http://www.alliance4lifemin.org/amchristii.html

56yrs • F •
quote:
"Don't let anyone
claim to be a true American. Don't let them claim the tribute of
American patriotism if they ever attempt to remove religion from
politics." George Washington's farewell address
--------------------------------------------------------

First chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, John Jay, wrote:

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty ... of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." (1816)
--------------------------------------------------------

William Penn

"Those who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."

---------------------------------------------------------

Justice David Brewer said this:

"This is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation ... We find everywhere a clear recognition of the same truth ... These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation. (1892)

----------------------------------------------------------

Even liberal Supreme Court chief justice, Earl Warren, wrote in 1954:

"I believe no one can read the history of our country without realizing that the Good Book and the spirit of the Savior have from the beginning been our guiding geniuses ... Whether we look to the first Charter of Virginia ... or to the Charter of New England ... or to the Charter of Massachusetts Bay ... or to the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut ... the same objective is present ... a Christian land governed by Christian principles. I believe the entire Bill of Rights came into being because of the knowledge our forefathers had of the Bible and their belief in it: freedom of belief, of expression, of assembly, of petition, the dignity of the individual, the sanctity of the home, equal justice under law, and the reservation of powers to the people ... I like to believe we are living today in the spirit of the Christian religion. I like also to believe that as long as we do so, no great harm can come to our country."

-

Supreme Court justices were certainly not the only political figures who wrote such things either. George Washington wrote a prayer addressed to "O most glorious God, in Jesus Christ" and ended it like this:

"... Let me live according to those holy rules which Thou hast this day prescribed in Thy holy word ... Direct me to the true object, Jesus Christ the way, the truth and the life. Bless, O Lord, all the people of this land."

Washington also said:

"Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

"It is impossible to rightly govern . . . without God & the Bible."

"You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all the religion of Jesus Christ." to a group of Indian chiefs.

---------------------------------------------------------

Roger Sherman:

". . . all civil rights and the right to hold office were to be extended to persons of any Christian denomination."

-

John Adams wrote:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with passions unbridled by morality and religion."

"Religion & virtue are the only foundations, not only of republicanism and of all free government, but of social felicity under all governments and in all the combinations of human society."

"Statesmen, my dear sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone, which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand."

Thomas Jefferson, the man "blamed" for the wall of separation between church and state said:

"I have always said, and will always say, that the studious perusal of the sacred volume will make us better citizens."

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that His justice cannot sleep forever."

"No power over the freedom of religion . . .[is] delegated to the United States by the Constitution."

"Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern, which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus."

"I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; and believing he never claimed any other." Letter to Benjamin Rush, April 21, 1803

James Madison:

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not on the power of government...[but] upon the capacity of each and every one of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

"Before any man can be considered as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe."

John Quincy Adams:

"The greatest glory of the American Revolution was this: It connected in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."

"No book in the world deserves to be so unceasingly studied, and so profoundly meditated upon as the Bible."

"Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the Foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity?"

Abraham Lincoln:

"Unless the great God who assisted [President Washington], shall be with me and aid me, I must fail. But if the same omniscient mind, and Almighty arm, that directed and protected him, shall guide and support me, I shall not fail ... Let us pray that the God of our fathers may not forsake us now."

Grover Cleveland:

"All must admit that the reception of the teachings of Christ results in the purest patriotism, in the most scrupulous fidelity to public trust, and in the best type of citizenship."

Teddy Roosevelt:

"In this actual world, a churchless community, a community where men have abandoned and scoffed at, or ignored their religious needs, is a community on the rapid down-grade."

Woodrow Wilson:

"America was born a Christian nation. America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness which are derived from the revelations of the Holy Scripture."

Calvin Coolidge, speaking of the founding fathers:

"They were intent upon establishing a Christian commonwealth in accordance with the principle of self-government. They were an inspired body of men. It has been said that God sifted the nations that He might send choice grain into the wilderness ... Who can fail to see it in the hand of Destiny? Who can doubt that it has been guided by a Divine Providence?"

Benjamin Franklin

"Whoever will introduce into public affairs the principles of Christianity will change the face of the world."

Mr. Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, one of the framers of the Constitution, published his diary in which he said: "Dr. Benjamin Franklin, a venerable figure weighted down by years and wisdom, leaned one hand op his staff, the other on the table and said: "There is a greater menace to these United States of America than the strictly Roman . . . This greater menace, gentlemen, is the Jew!"

John F. Kennedy:

"The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God."

Gerald Ford, quoted a speech made by Dwight Eisenhower in 1955:

"Without God there could be no American form of government, nor an American way of life. Recognition of the Supreme Being is the first--the most basic--expression of Americanism. Thus, the founding fathers of America saw it, and thus with God's help, it will continue to be."

The Supreme Court ruling in the case of McDaniel vs. Patyark back in 1978 should make clear that Christians still have the same rights as everyone else whether we are or were a Christian nation or not:

"The Establishment Clause does not license government to treat religion, and those who teach or practice it, simply by virtue of their status as such, as subversive of American ideals and therefore subject to unique disabilities ... In short, government may not as a goal promote "safe-thinking" with respect to religion and fence out from political participation those, such as ministers, whom it regards as over-involved in religion. Religionists no less than members of any other group enjoy the full measure of protection afforded speech, association, and political activity generally. The Establishment Clause, properly understood, is a shield against any attempt by government to inhibit religion ... it may not be used as a sword to justify repression of religion or its adherents from any aspect of public life."

Noah Webster

"No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people."

Gov. Morris

"Religion is the only solid basis for good morals; therefore education should teach the precepts of religion, & the duties of man toward God."

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
George Washington never once took Communion. 'As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion..'...."Article 11, Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary, developed during Washington's presidency, and signed by John Adams.

John Jay signed the Constitution, if he had thought the government to be religious in nature, would he have not ensured such mentions in the Constitution? That quote merely states his personal ideology.

Justices David Brewer and Earl Warren were not born during the Founding of this Country, nor was Lincoln, Cleveland, Roosevelt, Wilson, Coolidge, Kennedy and Ford.

John Adams - 'How has it happened that millions of myths, fables, legends and tales have been blended with Jewish and Christian fables and myths and have made them the most bloody religion that has ever existed? Filled with the sordid and detestable purposes of superstition and fraud?' (Letters to F.A. Van Der Kamp 1809-1816)

James Madison - 'Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion & Govt in the Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, my be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their shorty history.'

John Quincy Adams - 'There are in this country, as in all others, a certain proportion of restless and turbulent spirits - poor, unoccupied, ambitious - who must always have something to quarrel about with their neighbors. These people are the authors of religious revivals.'

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 56yrs • F •
The idealogy only has changed the past 10 or so years...either changing the founding fathers quotes, or misrepresenting them.

quote:
"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions... upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."
-James Madison, 1778

The whole concept of the Constitution was written on the basis of religious theology.

Yes, I read some sites for aetheists that make claims on Thomas Jefferson...which when researched in the library are found to be illigetimate quotes, and history.

YOU can quote what ya want...but the 13 colonies were predominantly christian.
NO one said any christian specific faith was required, but it was WRITTEN BY MEN OF CHIRSTIANITY FOR A CHRISTIAN BASED PRINCIPLES NATION.

quote:
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship."
- Patrick Henry (1736-1799), American Patriot, Founder, Lawyer & Politician

This helped 'tolerance' based on christian principles.

quote:
It is any wonder, then, in light of the statement made in the landmark decision establishing the authority of the Supreme court, Marbury v. Madison, and the statements of the founders of this nation, that Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore contends that placement of the Ten Commandments within his courthouse is not a violation but an adherence to the Constitution and within his constitutional rights?

Judge Moore is correct. It is the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals that is overriding the Constitution by their unconstitutional opinions. They are in violation of the law of the land that they are supposed to uphold and the laws that are repugnant to the Constitution are illegal.

BTW...altho not all above quotes were strictly there during the signing...they still maintained the same philosophies as the forefathers.
ALL dated....to show nothing changed, and our country maintained the same principles the constitution was built on.

GO look it up in a book...in the library.

59yrs • M •
Yes we could quote till the admin's kick us off. For every pro-religion statement you can pt, I can reply with many stating otherwise. And speaking of reading, you need to read our Founding Documents further.

'The idealogy only has changed the past 10 or so years...either changing the founding fathers quotes, or misrepresenting them.'

This statement is absurd. If our Founders had intended a religious state, then why is it not stated so in the Constitution? Why the 1st Amendment, which unequivocally states the government would not sponsor any religion? Why is God not mentioned at all in that document, or any documents that formed our national law? Every single addition of religion to the government was made long after our founding fathers had passed on. The idea of this being a recent manifestation is absurd.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok pagan. I can see and understand both of our points. I do not agree on imposed religion. Especially in our government.

..and the evidence proving although this country was founded by christians on Judeo-christian principles, gives no reason as to why we should impose religion OVER government. Imposing religion is immoral..and this is why I believe our government will not allow it. As for references to God, many secular people ask why are there these references to God, when it was the intended goal of our forefathers to have a secular government..

The answer is, that although our government is fair and morally strong, the christian religion and faith contributed much to the founding of this country and was a basis for its rules and secularly tolerant government.

Those willing to remove these references, are willing to debase the core reason why we live in a free, morally strong, and secularly based government.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---
"If our Founders had intended a religious state, then why is it not stated so in the Constitution?"
---

Because this was not the goal..obviously.(tolerance, freedom, morale and equality were.)

---
"Why the 1st Amendment, which unequivocally states the government would not sponsor any religion? Why is God not mentioned at all in that document, or any documents that formed our national law?"
---

Because law is governed by man.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
[  Edited by ekimup at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Our government has the RIGHT to be religious, some people don't understand this, however, our government does NOT have the right to make us religious and this is sometimes missunderstood by our government.

This is something that will be fought over for the next 200 years, and 200 years after that, and should be. But to me it's really simple, God asks that we submit to his will voluntarily, and to any who would teach another to follow the will of God, do so, by being an example yourself. And frankly I'm very dissapointed in those who would have us all follow the will of God and yet support the war in Iraq.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pagan,

That article was an excerpt from an adress given by George Weigel at the Gregorian University .( its printed at the top of the article...)

The man is saying, that America is facing a similar issue as Europe once was. Politics without religion.(or influence of)

Without pulling the idea out of thin air, he states with plenty of supporting evidence, that once Europe lost it's religious influence on politics... it commited "demographic suicide".

---
-"Europe is experiencing a crisis of cultural and civilizational morale whose roots are also taking hold in some parts quarters of American society and culture."
---

Presenting valid information in comparison with our nation...

Does this mean he's right?...ofcourse not.

But evidential support is irrefutable, even to the most secular of people.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 59yrs • M •
The thing I still cannot understand is why so many feel the need for such an obvious religion in the government, specifically when the persons who make up that government themselves would still be as religious as before, and still be influencing the laws and policies of our government. The only downside I can see to removing these references, and secularizing our public schools, is that it would upset a segment of society, particularly a small segment that seeks political domination. Some possible upsides...

Send a message to Islamic Fundies and Extremists (the only real difference between the two, is that an Extremist is willing to blow himself up). According to some schools of thought, the reason they attacked us recently is that they see Christianity as a world-devouring monster that seeks to eradicate all other religions. And with our government so obviously supporting Christianity, they see the US as a bastion of that religion, a springboard for the so called 'world domination' by Christianity.

Send a message to 'liberals' and we non-Christians in this country, and possibly start a reasonable dialogue, instead of the over-sensitive and over-reacting court actions being used today by both sides.

These actions would stop the Christian Fundamentals dead in their tracks, and effectively kill the political agenda of the Christian Coalition, Moral Majority, and Rushdoony's disciples, and guarantee that Liberty remains whole in this country.

64yrs • M •
TheIrishPagon - Part of me agrees. I was never threatoned by that Christian religion you speak of until now, they are one step below the violence of the Islam religion, both seek world domination and both fear the other as a threat.

Let me tell you something Jesus said. He told this story: Field workers came to the owner of the farm and said that weeds were choking out the harvest and asked if they should remove the weeds. The owner of the farm told them no. If you remove the weeds you will take some of the good plants with them, wait until the harvest and we will seperate them then.

I'm sure I didn't tell that story right, but you get the point. The government is supposed to be by the people for the people, and if the people is religious, well then ofcourse, the government will be too. We can't strip religeon out of the government.

Now ofcourse the ideal of some is that we allow the people to be religious, but we completely disconnect religion from the government. I've argued with one man about this years ago who believed that chaplains in the military were unconstitutional and I became very angry with him, having served in the miltary and understand the importance of the chaplain corps. Anyways, you can't do it, it won't work. You will end up doing more wrong than good.

While I agree that this Christainity is bad and I am threatoned by them seeing that they are responsible for our corrupt government. I believe the answer is to challenge them always in debates until they admit that they are wrong or keep silent. As you see, I do just this. Ofcourse, I have a lot of good friends who claim to be Christians, and they are angry and upset with the current situation also, and those friends are growing. So believe that this is the answer. Jesus was a good man, and he would not support war to dominate the world by either the Christians or Islam. If Islam claims to believe in Jesus and the Christians claim to follow Jesus, then we continuely remind them of the things that Jesus said and make them denounce their war mongering belief.

59yrs • M •
Unfortunately Ok, Fundies simply will not debate. Have you ever tried to have a theological debate with a JW? Perhaps the vehemence and passion all sides exhibit is due to that fact. We feel the Fundies will not listen to 'our' reasoning, so we shout louder to be heard. The Fundies will not listen to us, who they see as a bunch of sinful 'heathens' and 'devil worshippers'. We wish equal footing in the political arena (and no, not a minority rule as some suggest), yet Fundamentalists want to force Xian prayers in public schools, and would love to see all who they feel do not follow their doctrine, simply gone from the US.

As for Clergy in the military, I totally agree that there should be. I am debating with myself on whether to support government paid clergy, or should that specific denomination supply their own Clergymen, with government supplied equipment and training of course. The emotional and spiritual health of all of our sons and daughters serving to protect our country are very, very important. Perhaps the question should be, when do the numbers of non-Christians dictate the addition of non-Christian Clergy, and/or should Chaplains be trained to care for non-Christian faiths, much as they might be expected to give last rights in several Christian denominations?

64yrs • M •
It is not a part of our nature it seems to admit we are wrong. You can throw on all the proof in the world and most will still deny it. We need to be careful not to be to pushy because you can push stubborness to be set in concret. But you're not too much younger than me, I'm sure you've seen it. Someone will argue and fight and completely dissagree and then something in their life will happen and next thing you know they've completely changed their point of view, and they remember the things you told them. This has happened to me, more than once. I used to be a fundamentalist.

You call yourself the IrishPagan, I know you believe in God and understand the importance.

If you met the Chaplaincy you would appreciate their ability to honor all religions. Chaplains are required to do this. Though they may be a subscriber of a particular belief, their livelyhood is provided by the government rather than there church so that they are free to be nondenomination as the military requires without fear of being cut off by their church. And they have Pagan chaplains now, at least they did when I was in the Navy.

Religion is good, bigotry, narromindedness and hypocracy is not. Many get these mixed up with religion, those who might be apart of it and those who are not. Jesus fought the hypocrits and was nailed to the cross, but look what he won, who would have figured, no one back then had no idea, but Jesus knew, that's why he allowed it.

56yrs • F •
quote:
Our government has the RIGHT to be religious, some people don't understand this, however, our government does NOT have the right to make us religious and this is sometimes missunderstood by our government.

This is something that will be fought over for the next 200 years, and 200 years after that, and should be. But to me it's really simple, God asks that we submit to his will voluntarily, and to any who would teach another to follow the will of God, do so, by being an example yourself. And frankly I'm very dissapointed in those who would have us all follow the will of God and yet support the war in Iraq.

I agree up to a point.

Jesus never said war would end...he said it would always be..and as a matter of fact...GOD uses war as a punishment.....
BY allowing ppl to war...they are punished for iniquities.
AND for pagan practices..BTW.

YOU still see Saddam as the good guy?
What about him is good? I have to pm the guy in Iraq and ask about the accurate death toll...in mass graves...as I do forget. Some things cannot be found online.

Anyway.......the government and all our currency are indeed truths from our forefathers.

YOU can say we were supposed to be secular... BUT the old old historic buildings with the Ten Commandments show us that history approved of God's laws.
Our currency says "In God we trust."

That wasnt something written recently on money.

Our Declaration of Independence ... ENDOWED BY OUR CREATOR.

What does it take?? What more proof do you need.

I am not just showing you quotes...look around you. I would think it would be 'painfully' obvious.

Political correctness...hypocrisy.

YOU have the right to remove all christian or jewish memorials {WHO apparently dont have rights now...under the new aethiest regime} ...but dont dare take the rights of a minority?

WAKE UP PPL...THE VERY THING WE FOUGHT AGAINST WE ARE BECOMING.

56yrs • F •
The Constitution of the United States of America

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Blessings come from God.

Excerp: America is not a Christian Nation - Page 8
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy