Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Being Normal

User Thread
 18yrs • F
awakeningmystic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Being Normal
What does being normal mean?

"She is wisest who knows she doesn't know"
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Normality" is a misused word...

Here's an example. This is a true story. I know a family who have 4 kids. One of those kids was born with Down's Syndrome. Does that mean that 3 were normal, and 1 wasn't?

They are all now fully grown. 3 of them lead ordinary lives. 1 of them is a criminal who has served prison time for Assault & Battery, Theft & Vandalism. He is not the one who was born with the mental illness.

Who's not "normal" now?

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Normal is a very broad term. The normal Decius may have been referring to was the ignoranceand immorality of the general masses. Normalcy scares me...

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Do people fall in love with each others' facades?

YES! wow you hit it right on. almost every relationship i see includes this factor. and the most terrible thing is that when you point it out to them they become infuriated and swear up and down that its not true. ive been in one of these relationships, when it finally dawned on me how fake i had been i almost cried until my eyes bled.

the older you get, the harder it becomes to stay "real" but during those times of being as real as possible, i have found myself much more satisfied and appreciative of life.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People refer normal to how most people are like, or how the majority of people are. I think that when we first meet someone, we try to decipher them and their interests, and then pretend to be interested so you have something to talk about, so in a way we're being fake. If you don't have anything to connect with at first, then usually you don't stand a chance and thats the end of it. But since you faked your way at first, and theres a second chance to associate with the other person again, the more you spend time with the other person, the more your "true" self comes out, and by then, it doesn't matter that you wern't interested in chess or cars, what matters is that now you have a friend who even though very different from you, now can appreciate you for who you really are.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
Being Normal
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy