Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

War - What The Hell Is It Good For - Page 3

User Thread
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gomer - you dont know sh*t! It is more than obvious you were never in the military. It seems inconceivable that anyone that served would not know the heart and minds of those now serving.

How it must burn you that McCain strongly supports the war -and that your boy the dishonorably-discharged Kerry voted for the war.

Ewww - that's gotta sting!

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No one voted for war. They voted for giving the President, who we trusted, the power to start the war.

Now one can argue that the president abused that power. One can definitely argue those who voted "for war" were naive and foolish to trust Bush to have a real casus belli.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 53yrs • M •
That's a bit naive. Are you saying that the Congress didnt know what they were doing? Of course they knew that giving authority for the war meant war - their vote was one of either support for that inevitable war or opposition to that inevitable war. To claim otherwise is to claim that we are all fools (which many politicians actually later tried to do - like Kerry - of course most saw through such sophism).

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Xris - you are a blind man. You really cannot see past your TV set.

That's ofcourse where your finding all this support you speak of.

How do you know I have not been in the military if you have not been in the military?

How can you possibly think a person enjoys being in Iraq fighting, unless in some demented way, you wished you were there yourself.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
Dumteen Is Right - Bush said he was going to work with the UN, that was the last thing I remember before we went to war.

He lied, soldiers died - Hurra Hurra - For God and our Country. You get to see it on TV. Isn't that just special.

53yrs • M •
Bush did goto the UN and got a resolution passed which called for an agressive response if Saddam refused to comply - Saddam refused to comply and Bush took action. The only lies are the ones you repeatedly propogate. I know a handful of soldiers that have fought in Iraq - all of them were extremely proud of their time in Iraq - and all loved Bush dearly. Again, the fact that this is inconceivable to you is more proof that you were never in the military - you just play Gomer on the web!

Talk about being blind - you like and respect McCain who is more hawkish than Bush. You are an enigma - I doubt even you are able to reconcile your beliefs.

64yrs • M •
The UN Inspectors were not kicked out by Iraq, as I recall, we told them to leave, because we were going to start bombing.

53yrs • M •
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/02/16/woil116.
xml&sSheet=/news/2005/02/16/ixnewstop.html

UN inspectors 'spent their days drinking'
By Francis Harris
(Filed: 16/02/2005)

UN inspectors in Iraq spent their working hours drinking vodka while ignoring a shadowy nocturnal fleet believed to be smuggling goods for Saddam Hussein, a former senior inspector told the US Senate yesterday.

In a move that provoked fury from officials of the Swiss firm Cotecna, an Australian former inspector detailed a picture of incompetence, indifference and drunkeness among the men acting as the frontline for UN sanctions.

Arthur Ventham, a former Australian army officer and customs officer, joined the operation in 2002 and worked at various sites in Iraq and neighbouring states.

He said that at Iskendurun in eastern Turkey, some officials had refused to work.

When he asked one of his bosses why, he was told: "They were friends or relatives of potential clients, and are only in the mission so the company could secure future contracts in Nigeria, Comoros and another African country.

"When I said that this was unfair on everyone else, I was told that it was general practice in Cotecna."

Other inspectors had spent most of the day in hotel rooms while others drank beer and talked to the local people.

Inspectors were supposed to check lorries to make sure the UN sanctions regime was being enforced.

At another monitoring site where the UN was supposed to check humanitarian aid supplies, Mr Ventham noticed "the team leader and his fellow countrymen [the nationality is unstated] spending the majority of their time in each other's rooms drinking vodka as opposed to managing and leading the team".

There he noticed small vessels and barges moving to a small island each night.

"I mentioned this to a number of other inspectors saying there was plenty of scope for smuggling and what were the UN doing about it.

"I was extremely surprised by the response that it was common knowledge smuggling was going on at Um Qasir [and that] the oil was being sold on the black market to augment the regime."

Cotecna officials said the unheralded release of Mr Ventham's allegations was unfair and that they would respond in detail at a later date. They said Mr Ventham had been dismissed and was a disgruntled former employee.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Cotecna officials said the unheralded release of Mr Ventham's allegations was unfair and that they would respond in detail at a later date. They said Mr Ventham had been dismissed and was a disgruntled former employee.

Besides - changing a subject does not win an arguement, it just avoids the truth, a speciality of the Bush administration.

Bush said he would abide by the UN. The UN inspectors could not find any weapons. Mr. Bush demanded that Saddam tell us where they are. Mr. Saddam refused, so instead of letting the UN inspectors do their job, he told them to leave we would start bombing. They left, we bombed - and gues what - no weapons of mass weapons of mass destruction were never found.

Meanwhile, Bin Ladin is still free, and will continue to be free for four more years anyways. Because Mr. Bush is still president.

Bush Lied, Soldiers died.

53yrs • M •
"Besides - changing a subject does not win an arguement, it just avoids the truth, a speciality of the Bush administration. "

Actually that specialty is yours. I simply pulled out a trick from one of your bags as we all know your propensity to not respond to questions asked while simply posting irrelevant articles.

However, I think my article is relevant as your irritation at it reveals.

"Bush said he would abide by the UN."

The President NEVER said that - quit spreading lies. Its amazing how your side spreads lies about their leader during wartime. The President said he would make his case to the UN and that he did rather well. He also said if the UN does not act the United States would and that we also did rather well!

"The UN inspectors could not find any weapons."

They were too busy getting drunk and taking kickbacks so Saddam could profit off their oil for food scheme while Iraqi men, women and children starved and suffered. I know - you preferred it that way!

"no weapons of mass weapons of mass destruction were never found. "

Wrong again - cyclosarin tipped missiles were found. Of course I've already told you this but you like to ignore the facts. And who was trying to acquire that cyclosarin? Have some guts and attempt an answer to that question.

"Meanwhile, Bin Ladin is still free, and will continue to be free for four more years anyways. Because Mr. Bush is still president. "

I bet you would love to share that kind of freedom - such hypocrisy. I guess you would prefer to make a martyr out of Osama?

Liberals lie - Osama cheers

64yrs • M •
quote:
Bush did goto the UN and got a resolution passed which called for an agressive response if Saddam refused to comply - Saddam refused to comply and Bush took action.

quote:
Bush said he would abide by the UN."

The President NEVER said that - quit spreading lies.

They found WMD in Iraq, show me. I remember Bush was making jokes about it, he was looking under his desk and behind a potted plant like it was some kinda joke.

There were amunitions that the Bush administration won't admit to, The weapons inspectors already found them and asked us to make sure they were secure, but we didn't, we let the terrorists have them, we had more important things to do, like guard the oil wells - ya, I remember that discussion.

So now I'm a hypocrit again - and now, even a liberal - OH DEAR.

64yrs • M •
By the way - The Bin Ladin Family and the Bush family are close friends. Connect the dots, or put the pieces together, if you can.

53yrs • M •
"By the way - The Bin Ladin Family and the Bush family are close friends. Connect the dots, or put the pieces together, if you can."

OMG you are such a fool - the bin Laden family has been close to every administration for 2 decades and was close to Clinton as well. You have most likely been in shopping malls owned by the bin Laden family and purchased products that profited the bin Laden family. WTF is your point?
--------

Iraq shells had deadly cyclosarin
By Wojciech Moskwa
Friday July 2, 05:51 PM

WARSAW (Reuters) - Artillery shells found by Polish troops in Iraq definitely contained the deadly nerve agent cyclosarin, the Polish army says.

The threat of weapons of mass destruction possessed by Saddam Hussein's now toppled regime was the main justification used by Washington to go to war against Iraq last year, but U.S.-led forces have only found small amounts of banned weapons.

Poland said on Friday its soldiers found 17 Grad rockets and two mortar shells in late June and said U.S. experts had carried out tests on the weapons.

"Tests conducted showed that there was cyclosarin in the rocket heads," General Marek Dukaczewski, the head of army intelligence, told a news conference.

But the U.S. military said only two of the rockets had tested positive for sarin gas, and another 16 of the rockets found by the Poles had contained no chemical agents. The reason for the discrepancy in numbers was unclear.

Polish Defence Minister Jerzy Szmajdzinski said the discovery of the rockets showed Saddam had failed to account for banned munitions held by Iraq.

"Our predictions and reports that Saddam Hussein did not come clean with a large sum of weapons, artillery shells and of weapons of mass destruction were proven true," he said.

"Some of those warheads were old but it could not be ruled out some could still be used," Szmajdzinski said.

Poland said in a statement from Iraq that "beyond doubt the shells were from the 1980-1988 period, of the type used against Kurds and during the Iraq-Iran war."

In Baghdad, the U.S. military issued a statement saying that two 122 mm rockets found by Polish forces had tested positive for sarin gas and confirmed that they were left over from the Iran-Iraq war, but said they posed little danger.

The statement said an Iraqi civilian had led the soldiers to the rockets in the town of Hilla, 100 km (62 miles) south of Baghdad on June 16.

"Due to the deteriorated state of the rounds and small quantity of remaining agent, these rounds were determined to have limited to no impact if used by insurgents against Coalition Forces," the statement said.

The Iraqi showed the Polish troops 16 more 122 mm rockets from June 23 to 26, which were all empty and tested negative for any type of chemicals, the U.S. statement said.

"BLACK MARKET"

Poland said it "purchased" the shells through individuals who contacted army officials in its military zone in south-central Iraq.

"We bought all the shells available ... Terrorists are seeking these missiles on the black market, offering a price of around $5,000 per warhead," Dukaczewski said, adding that Poland had no evidence that any chemical weapons fell into such hands.

Iraq said it produced cyclosarin munitions in the 1980s to fight Iran but was committed to destroying stocks and ceasing production by U.N. resolutions following the 1991 Gulf War.

After inconclusive searches by international inspectors, U.S. President George W. Bush accused then Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein of failing to give up chemical and biological weapons and invaded Iraq last year to depose him.

"The intelligence we received suggested that these missiles had probably been hidden from United Nations inspectors," Dukaczewski said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040702/325/ex8em.html

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The inspectors did their jobs perfectly fine. They reported that there were no WMDs and when we went, we found no WMDs.

That seems like a mission accomplished to me.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
But the U.S. military said only two of the rockets had tested positive for sarin gas, and another 16 of the rockets found by the Poles had contained no chemical agents. The reason for the discrepancy in numbers was unclear.

Let me see if I understand this. The Polish Army says there were WMD but the U.S. military said there wasn't.

I think if I was to share this article with others to prove that there were WMD, I think I would be able to explain the discrepancy.

The article is dated July (what year) this is odd. It was in December of 2004, after the elections when the U.S. officially announced that there were no WMD.

I don't even know how you argue this point unless you are just a man who likes to argue, who has no concern for truth.

If the Bush administration says thier are no weapons of mass destruction; are you saying that the Bush administration has lied to us. I can believe that - can you explian why they would do this, I'm just curious.

But why would you use this arguement to prove that Bush does not lie?

Xris - this reminds me of a dog chaising its tail.

War - What The Hell Is It Good For - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy