Structure without function is a corpse; Function without structure is a ghost. - Mr.Topham
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

In A Coma

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In A Coma
If you were in a coma, would you rather be dead or would you still want to live and be attatched to a machine in hopes you will recover?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if i had to be on a machine to stay alive i would want to be on it for 1 month. not a day more or less. and then have the plug pulled.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would have to know what it'd be like to be in a state of coma, first.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It doesn't matter. I'm in a coma, I'm basically dead anyway.

If they let me live, I might wake up and be thankful.

If they let me die, well I was in a coma, I'd never even realise it.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dude if ur in a friggin coma you aren't even able to comprehend breathing let alone whether you want to be alive or not. but i would probably want to be dead. i hate people taking care of me and i hate hospitals

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
depending on the state of the coma (?) , if after recovering would bring brain damage or not would influnce my 'decision'.

i don't want to ever live brain damaged, or with an amputation or serious disability. I just couldn't stand it.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if there was a chance of a good recovery no don't pull my plug but if not and i'm in horrible state don't even wait pull the plug cremate n make me in to a wreath n throw me in the ocean ...rather b fish food than food for worms ....remember me when ya go to tha beach

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It depends if I have a chance to recover without major defects. It's also a moral issue for me too. But I think I'd rather be dead. I heard of this person who woke up like, 30 some years later, but what are the chances? Maybe it's the slight chance that I'd wake up is why I'd want to be plugged in for longer. My mind says yes but my heart says no, but I'm leaning more on no.

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This has been debated in my class sice the terry incident and my personal oppinion is that i would want to stay alive because there might be some kind of hope in the future for enhanced medical research or somthing technecal like that

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 35yrs • F •
Yes, that was really sad.

But I don't think I'd want to live if my mind couldn't function properly. Like my mind is empty...no, I wouldn't want that.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They were using a shit load of money to keep her alive for as long as they did. I dont want to sound mean, but shit, put her out of her misery.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
yes, she was going through a lot of misery, plus it was costly. I don't think it was fair for people to rag on her husband, like he was being unfair, when they don't know how it feels like to take care of her for many years before it was publicized.

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for the first time ever i think i agree with you joel i would want to be put on life support but not for 15 years that is too costly for me... id rather put all the money it took to keep me alive to research for cures and mecical breakthroughs

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If I were in a coma it would probably be the ultimate bliss. That is as long as I couldn't hear the outside world, and no one started playing some stupid band that I never liked on the radio, asuming I liked them. Trust me, it's happened before.

In A Coma
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy