Don't be all things to all people. Begin by being yourself to yourself. - katiedids
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's Best For Our Children

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My mother always said that if you tell a child not to do something, that's exactly what they will do. My mom is very smart, she should be, she raised six kids. The Bush Administration is attempting to keep his support of the Christian religious fundamentalists should instead listen to my mother, if he really did care about children and their future. I think the fundamentalists should also listen to my mothers teaching as well. Since this abstinence program has been in place the rate of abortion has risen 14.6 percent. When I was in the Navy and a program was put in place, and it was deemed to be a failure, everyone got together, had a meeting and discussed alternatives; that's what those who teach our children should be doing; but their hands are being forced by politics and religion.

I fully support a moment of silence in our public schools so that those who may, can have an opportunity to practice their faith. Faith is important. This is one nation under God.

However, in the curriculum should be facts and figures not politics and religion. If we call ourselves American, we need to take a stand on this. Our children have a right to learn about birth control and the functions of their body without prejudice, sexism, or guilt. Based on a curriculum containing facts and figures not the beliefs and opinions of politics and religion, anything less would be unamerican. Americans aren't stupid and neither are their children, we can figure it out for ourselves, granted we are given the facts, that would be the American way.

--------------- --------------- ------------------

Protect Our Children's Health - Support Real Sex Education

Planned Parenthood / Feb. 9, 2005

President Bush has released his FY 2006 federal budget - and if it's approved, our children's health may be endangered. The proposed budget requests a 25 percent increase in funding for dangerous abstinence-only programs - programs shown to be ineffective and harmful to young people.

http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/abon...

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The religious right is foolish and bigotted.

They should be teaching kids the ins and outs of wearing condoms, everybody should know. I don't care if it encourages sex. Sex is not a problem, the unsafe sex promoted by the religious right is the problem.

That is the road to traumatic pregnancies and AIDS.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There was a time when sex was thought of as so terrible that the thought of sex ed in school was unheard of.

We know better now - or, we did.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy