You must empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water (Bruce Lee) - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The need for Power

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The need for Power
Do you think that life is a quest for power over one's self? It seems like power is the main driving force regardless of direction for ones acts. Acts of selflessness can result in nothing except an improved exterior and self image. People will often tell you the most powerful influences in there life came from someone who wanted nothing in return. Do you think these threads are nothing more than a search for knowledge, a search for power?

"dont got one"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a very intruiging idea- is knowledge power? its a cliche but there is truth in that statement at face value.
Indeed these threads are a quest for knowledge- we compare our insights and submit them to the scrutiny of others. We learn by discussion and interchanging of ideas...but does that boil down to power over the self....I am uncertain- perhaps learning leads to wisdom and wisdom inturn to discipline which allows us to control ourselves...

As far as selfless acts go if they improve your image then they are not really selfless are they- perhaps a truely selfless act must be done insecret even then it may not be selfless as the act may provide gratification for that individual...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
The need for Power
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy