Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dantes Inferno

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dantes Inferno
By Sarah Lovett. Got this book two days ago. Anyone read it? I've only begun, so I can't say much yet, but the sentence structure is annoying me. Too many adjectives and adverbs make you forget what the sentence is about.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've read "Hannibal" which contains many refrences to it. My father has also told me about the book. I know that it's about his journer into hell and the cone shaped prisons. I also know who happens to be in the seventh circle of hell, but I won't tell you and ruin the book.
I attempted to read it many times, only to find that it was too complex with Mr. Alierghi (I hope I spelled that right) trying to incoorporate his poetic skills into literature.
In my eyes, that book is a spin off from the bible. "The Inferno" is to the bible, what "Fraiser" was to "Cheers."

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ssenfieri is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ooh I liked it. I think it was a great translation considering that the guy who traslated it was still able to keep a lot of the poetic elements that Dante had intended. It's hard to get used to the sentence structure, but it's a really good story if you can.

"Silly, far too silly."
 36yrs • M •
maladjust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i read a different translation, by c.h. sisson, but i did like the inferno. one problem i had with the book was understanding all the political references he makes. but it is a good fable that has a lot of good points throughout. a recommended read to anyone interested

"Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!"?"
Dantes Inferno
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy