A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking - Restless Mind
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Hockey Strike

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hockey Strike
Any sports fan will of course be famuiliar with the ongoing NHL lockout/ Strike debacle. So it looks like the players and owners cant agree on what is fair. I am a long standing fan of hockey in general and I am and have been disapointed with the NHL for quite some time.

The players make way to much money, ticket prices are outrageous and on top of that many games availible on TV are subject to blackout (they are outside of the local market) which is bs.

It is easy to see that both sides are simply greedy the players want more and the owners want more. Many folks debate over what side is correctI think neither- but one strike against the owners is their dishonesty claiming they are loosing less money by cancelling games than paying the players yeah I am sure.....

A lot of NHL stars have gone over to europe to play in those leagues and i am wondering what will happen if the NHL uses "scabs" for the next season..... will the fans care? and will the nhl guys set up a picket line? and will anyone care that others are "stealing" there jobs? - the same guys who went over to europe to steal other guys jobs..... I hope those same guys are the ones who come over here as scab players- that would be so ironic....

Well anyway I am a hockey fan but terribly dissapointed by the NHL Anyone else care to add their two bits?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im sick of it all. the players need a salary cap. the end.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
I would agree- but I think it needs to be a team spending cap as well. like the NFL where things are so compeditive.
The players as well should have way more free agentcy- so that unhappy players can move on from an organization i think that would make things happy for both parties

36yrs • F •
This_Is_It is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It really aggravates me and makes me want to kill people!!!! Raar!!
You'd think that they would just enjoy playing the game that they love.

"\"The eternal silence of these infinate spaces frightens me\" -Blaise Pascal"
 52yrs • M •
So they cancelled the whole damn season!

What a farce! what a load of CRAP! man these guys just irk me so bad - I like watching the game and it so rediculous that there will be no cup winner this year and what do we have to blame- a catastrophe? a war? a pandemic? no something much worse....human greed I shake my head in disapointmnet...

38yrs • F •
strangerthings is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To say that it is the end of the NHL is naive. There is way too much movey involved for everyone. Sure the players want more money (dont we all), but when there savings run low they'll come right back. They will realize how good they had it. And if not, the owners WERE making a mistake and should sell their souls to make it all better. I might be young but if there is one thing the youth of America knows about ...its greed.

"wear a helmet"
Hockey Strike
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy