Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

O.k. who works at home?

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
O.k. who works at home?
Would you agree.......
Me and my husband work at home....we get up when we want to.....we stay up as late as you want.....

And we have the best boss....US!

I feel sorry for those 9-5 r's ............we choose who we want to work with....and the hours we want to work!

There's no life like it!

Anyone else?

"life is good! But sometimes the world gets in the way"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wish I did! wow that would be great- I would imagine we will see much more of that in the future as it must save money for all involved. Think how much you must save on gas car wear and tare, parking and possibly child care. While your employer does not have to supply you with a space to work or stapllers or whatever.

I work for an ISP and i am startled at how many people end up with a connection problem and cant work! So if you are working at home and ned the internet for your own sake have a back up dial-up connection and save your bacon!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Actually ....one of our business venture has everything to do with the internet connection we have...(IE)

So what you're saying is have another back up connection such as "mozilla.org"??

Ya....I guess that would be something to think about.

56yrs • F •
Can't you somehow contract yourself out....and work at home as a consultant???

One of the strangest things I see....is many very educated people in who have the knowledge to head out on their own...never take the chance.....

Many times it can start out part time (after the 9-5) and in the end....a person can make more money in less time...than a regular emplyer can pay....in a 40 hour week...

Ya ....working from home is going to be very popular in times to come....less traffic on the roads.....less taxes to pay......and children will have their parents back at home to raise them....I have been lucky enough to be able to stay at home and raise our four children.....they also had a part in our business's.....and learnt how business works....and they learned HOW to work.....and got paid for their input......This has got to be the most satisfying aspect of working from home.....Now as young adults....their main ambition is to get a company of their own.....

There's tons of places offering good opportunities to many....all they have to do is look....and most times you can get started with little to NO cash. Start small....

First thing to do ....is find a name for your company....and register it....incorporation can cost as little as 175.00 Canadian (go to the registry office and get the package)

After you do this....you are half way there.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
By a backup connection I mean you most likely have a high speed connection involving a modem - now adsl or dsl services can have problems such as equipment failures fibre optic cuts etc... and through no fault of your own BAM! you have no connection and who knows It may take hours days or who knows how long to fix and for that time your screwed so you get that time refunded big deal you either have to go in to work or if its a home based bussiness just wait around. My thought is get a back up dial up service over the phone line - that may save you if your provider (ISP) has a problem.

I think we will see tons of this in the future just think of giant corperation that have to house alll there staff in a 45 story building and they can save a lot of dough by moving everyone out- I am sure they will this may make us able to work at home which may end up being detrimental in some way- as bussiness has a way of pervering everything.... like well have to get licences to work at home and mostlikely we will have to foot our on internet bills and have some sort of online login system etc etc....

(I am a pesimist can you tell.....)

Being totally online a bussiness with a large work force would save - the cost of property, utilities, parking expenses, less cost for lunchrooms bathrooms as well as stationary and bussiness equipment - If it saves money its part of the future...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
O.k. who works at home?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy