We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but atleast i always fought for what i beleived in. - Moonlightshadow
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Napoleon Dynamite !!!!!! POW!

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Anyone see this crazy flick about the glorious lives of nerds? Man i loved it so! It was so funny even the credits were hillarious. It was somewhat strange admitedly and may have turned many away because of that but if you could make the leap it was worth the effort.

Any one else seee this? I would love to know what you thought and why....

As for me I loved all the strange characters they were not over the top but at that edge - beleivable enough that you cringed when they did something dumb and cheered at least inside when things went well for them.
The film felt a little disfunctional and maybe lost in a way but that really seemed to match it so well a real indie fell to it, not that holly wood crap......but speaking of hollywood crap i am going to see ELECTRA tonight- I am sure the cheese will be so thick I will have to skewer it with one of those sias she has....

Go see Napoleon Dynamite! and dont leave untill the credits are done there is a secret "ending" of sorts

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not yet, but with my good friend included that makes to recommendations so I plan to.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i loved the rex-kwan-do scene

when Kip (is that his name?) tried to sweep kick Rex...

well, that shit was priceless/

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 52yrs • M •
I loved the parts with Kips new girlfriend- she was so cute! the scene when she steps off the bus was great as we did not know what to expect. As well napoleons dance scene was just incredible as well.
So many good scenes in the film, the more I reflect on it the more I want to see it again!

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The best part was when Napoleon was walking down the street in his sweet suit for the dance.
---------------------------
Napoleon Dynamite: You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.
--------------------------------
Napoleon Dynamite: Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore.
--------------------------------------------
Teacher: Your current event, Napoleon.
Napoleon Dynamite: Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.

The guy cracks me up. He's got a wicked sweet name too. He doesn't care much about what others say...cept maybe the girls. "You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. "

Click here for more quotes....
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 52yrs • M •
Does Napoleon Dynamite remind you of Rushmore? if not see that movie somewhat similar feel.... If you liked one youll like the other..... Trust me!

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you flip through the credits, you get to see Kip marry Lefonda at the end, haha.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 42yrs • M •
badfish2282 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Best movie ever!!!!!! Thats it

""A scoundrels worst fear is a society with no money. For in such a society he would only get the respect he deserves." -Ben Franklin"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy