Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I need help making a decision about a relationship

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
Doog14 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Welli it's a long story... thanks to anyone who takes the time to read it.

2 weeks ago me and my girlfriend (leah) were having problems, we have been arguing alot lately, mainly because i can't drive or get my license due to a recent wrist injury. Anyway since we were getting into arguements all the time i was starting to wonder if we should take a break and sure enough we did. we agreed to maybe see other people, experiment and all that with 2 rules, we don't do anything more then a kiss, and we don't go looking for someone.

So a week later(that makes it Saturday the 15th) I have this girl sarah over(after trying to tell her i was busy that day she just showed up) and we hook up and i hated every minute of it. all i thought about was Leah. Well on sunday Leah comes over and we talk, she tells me she hooked up with some guy and i don't really get mad until she tells me she liked it, and she tells me she went to his house, and she met him by asking one of her friends. So naturally i got a little mad and was all like "WTF" but i just acted cool and held it in and i was like, alright that's good. So we get to talking and she says she needs some time alone.. "without the title" of having a boyfriend.

So i respect that and let her go on her way but i can't stop thinking about her... she talks to other guys all the time... and it hurts so bad. I would talk to other girls but i'm not interested in any of them. So i just lay in my room and be sad all the time, i have a constant stomach ache, i'm really stressed out. We're still friends and we hang out occasionaly but i don't know what to do. I tryed everything, everything i love i can't do anymore it doesn't take my mind off of it. Inever thought i'd be one of these people and here i am. so i don't know if i should just leave her all together which i don't even know how to do, or just wait in depression. It's a huge effing mess. thanks to thosewho took the time to read this.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
definately dont wait around. tell her how you feel and how the time apart has been making you feel. her reaction will determine where things go from there.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Wyote. I know this is probably what everyone tells you but you're still young. Tell her how you feel and keep giving her her space but don't let her see just how much you hurt. Don't sit around brooding, go out and find something to do. If it's meant to be it will be.

I hope everything works out for ya!

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One good night at the nudy bar with a couple of your friends will do you a WORLD of good.

The next day go tell her where you were, if she gets mad try to keep the relatioship.

If she doesnt care....tell her to hit the bricks.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, good advice on that one Firebird, and at this point, even if you were to try to get back together, you better be ok with having shared your girlfiriend, or you will just come to resent her.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy