The filthy riches of the filthy rich are not unrelated to the filthy poverty of others. - China Mieville
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Independence and sustenance

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The less independent a creature is, the easier it is for it to receive sustenance. For example, a tree can not move, but it gets all its needs by staying in its spot. A fox can move freely, but it has to hunt to get its food.

Agree or disagree? Can you give a supporting or contradicting example?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This depends on whether your particularly needed sustenance comes to you or not, and how often.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • M •
untruth is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The more independent a creature is, the greater chances it has of surviving the destruction of man.

trees have to work to live too... its stretches deep underground to drink and far into the sky to breathe. I don't think a tree has its life any more easier than a fox does. And as for a metaphor on life. I agree with the ying and yang of life, somethings are needy and somethings are not. Both are needed.. and there's room for everyone.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
plus trees have no defence, a fox can run and hide, even attack

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 50yrs • M •
untruth is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hmm just on that thought..... a tree has no need to defend itself. it gives itself entirely to the planet, feeding off of the waste which others leave behind. If a tree was 'taking' what shouldn't be taken... then it would need to defend its actions in someway. Maybe thats the 'law of nature' right there? the hunter will always be hunted. (and the 'giver' will always be taken advantage of by the hunter).

35yrs • M •
Yes, well said, a tree has no danger from nything, except the most unnatural animal-man. Or in other words, mother nature has some brains. However, some plants and trees do have self defence systems, some give out poision, some needles....

50yrs • M •
Those harmful plants... probably (I'm not sure) aren't contributing to the life of the planet either. They too (like the fox) are takers and not givers.. and therefore may well be making enemies in the plant world too.

I'm getting a whole 'karma' vibe going on here in my head. 'give to others' and you'll recieve back, 'take from others' and you'll be taken from.

If I had to be a fox or a tree,
I know not, which I'd rather be.

be a fox and be free?
be a tree and be me?

aha! me like a tree!
free is subjective y'see.

one thing I know, I love to think outside the box,
I'd rather think like a tree than that of a fox.

35yrs • M •
Ya, nice

Untruth, every living creature contributes to nature...including foxes etc. Worms may seem slimy, but they make the soil fertile. If it were not for crocodiles, the food chain wud collapse....

I 'd personelly like to 'think'(dun think they do though!) like a fox, as a fox can be somewhat aware of it self

50yrs • M •
I believe you.... but I'm yet to discover the use of a Wasp.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy