Your body is a whole, all of its parts connected. Your body wants health. Every choice you make has a profound impact on how you live, feel, age. Only a true understanding and appreciation of your body will enable you to live long and live healthy. - Andrew Weil, M.D.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Revelation, are we in it?

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Chapter 17

Then one of the seven angels who were holding the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come here. I will show you the judgment on the great harlot 2 who lives near the many waters.
3 The kings of the earth have had intercourse with her, and the inhabitants of the earth became drunk on the wine of her harlotry."

*****Becoming drunk means living well off the harlot...and so far, have the US been the source of all assistance of wealth?
Then he carried me away in spirit to a deserted place where I saw a woman seated on a scarlet beast 4 that was covered with blasphemous names, with seven heads and ten horns.
The woman was wearing purple and scarlet and adorned with gold, precious stones, and pearls. She held in her hand a gold cup that was filled with the abominable and sordid deeds of her harlotry.

****Holding a cup os sordid deeds.....what are they? What are sordid? Sins are..I reckon. What are sins..everything against the biblical teachings. Homosexuality, abortions, fornications...etc. Scarlet represents sin, gold and precious stone symbolize wealth.
On her forehead was written a name, which is a mystery, "Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth."

******Again...PPF, ACLU..anything Anti~God including the judgements taking God from our nation.
5 I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus. 6 When I saw her I was greatly amazed.
The angel said to me, "Why are you amazed? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, the beast with the seven heads and the ten horns.
7 The beast that you saw existed once but now exists no longer. It will come up from the abyss and is headed for destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world shall be amazed when they see the beast, because it existed once but exists no longer, and yet it will come again.

****Satan; in any form he chooses....
Here is a clue 8 for one who has wisdom. The seven heads represent seven hills upon which the woman sits. They also represent seven kings:

*****Seven hills are what to God? Not molehills on the earth surface..is it? OR mighty hills such as 7 continents lifting above the seas from the ocean floor?
five have already fallen, one still lives, and the last has not yet come, 9 and when he comes he must remain only a short while.
The beast 10 that existed once but exists no longer is an eighth king, but really belongs to the seven and is headed for destruction.

****IS really a KING? But belongs to the 7...? This one belongs to..or is in creation from the 7 continents....heading for destruction
The ten horns that you saw represent ten kings who have not yet been crowned; 11 they will receive royal authority along with the beast for one hour.

*****They will receive ROYAL authority with the beast...but themselves are NOT crowned...Hmm. Looks like men who are NOT kings, working in a system that gives them a kingship of sorts as authority with the beast.
They are of one mind and will give their power and authority to the beast.

****ONE mind....is what? Same goals..? Power is handed over to the UN from the continents...as in the ratified treaties.
They will fight with the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and king of kings, and those with him are called, chosen, and faithful."
Then he said to me, "The waters that you saw where the harlot lives represent large numbers of peoples, nations, and tongues.

*****Hey hey, isn't this a melting pot..a place where several tongues, and several nationalities come? Is this not a place of many ..? Well, is NY a place of this? IN large numbers...? NY is the biggest city in America. IS it by waters..? A bay and a waterway for free trades?
The ten horns 12 that you saw and the beast will hate the harlot; they will leave her desolate and naked; they will eat her flesh and consume her with fire.

*****WHO hates America...? Um, let's look at the history of the UN..time and again voting against us, time and again opposing us...what they think in secret..who knows.
For God has put it into their minds to carry out his purpose and to make them come to an agreement to give their kingdom to the beast until the words of God are accomplished.

****Gee, looks like they did give their power to the UN after all...145 countries signed the L.O.S.T treay...the one where the UN has international control of their air and waters...HMmm

The woman whom you saw represents the great city that has sovereignty over the kings of the earth."

*****Well, who has the most power, and pays the most into the UN..? Let me guess...The USA. And if we pull out, the UN collapses. And who has the best technology? Who is beyond the 3rd world countries? Who has a strong military? Who do nations fear up to a point?..?

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
Ch 18

1 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth became illumined by his splendor.
2 He cried out in a mighty voice: "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great. She has become a haunt for demons. She is a cage for every unclean spirit, a cage for every unclean bird, (a cage for every unclean) and disgusting (beast).

***Babylon was a city of sin..so to speak. In ancient times, Babylon allowed all fornications. The city was powerful in army, and had a vast tolerance for any faith. Including paganisms. Ppl were living with another, having orgies, homosexual relations, drunkenness all hours of the day, gluttony, just a regular metropolis of sin. They were in fact, the punishment for Isreal...when they overtook Isreal..'The Lament of Sion!' AND in those times, would have prostitutes drop off their babies to an underground 'deposit' where the baby died without food. Left to cry and die alone.
Their choice, I reckon.

For all the nations have drunk 3 the wine of her licentious passion. The kings of the earth had intercourse with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her drive for luxury."

*****UM, who has the most luxury?.....Who has the world's wealth? Which office is the most powerful in the world..? The President...these are facts..like em or not.

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Depart from her, 4 my people, so as not to take part in her sins and receive a share in her plagues,
for her sins are piled up to the sky, and God remembers her crimes.

****IS this a surprise..? WE can take God out of our nation, but He still is omnipotent. HE KNOWS, HE REMEMBERS. YOU can deny his existence, but He still exists. You can 'Have a free choice' to commit atrocities against the Word of the Bible, but He still remembers. He wont disappear just because you deny He is not here.

Pay her back as she has paid others. Pay her back double for her deeds. Into her cup pour double what she poured.

Planned Parenthood started as a system of Population control for ethnic backgrounds, and to rid our world of the poor...THAT is how it began, and still today, it controls the populations. Also, the biggest advocate of abortions. Profitting hugely for the mass murders of babies who should be securely protected in their mother's wombs. PPF has spread these ideas, to all other nations. Even assisting China the program to control their population with forced abortions after the 1st child..etc etc. It is just awful what has occured by this.

To the measure of her boasting and wantonness repay her in torment and grief; for she said to herself, 'I sit enthroned as queen; I am no widow, and I will never know grief.'

***Ppl rise up in anger they have rights...to do as they choose..ok, but as God always did, He will punish. WE have pics of findings in the Dead sea showing tops of building structures...from Soddam and Gemorrah..hmm.
America had yet to ever have anyone attack her..she had no grief.

Therefore, her plagues will come in one day, pestilence, grief, and famine; she will be consumed by fire. For mighty is the Lord God who judges her."

****Fire...? Well, NY was hit...and fire burned. The stock market crashed, making our wealth a tad rough...eh? Is that the famine..ppl losing jobs, stock plummetting? WE know bugs are getting bad...and diseases are now more worrisome than b4.

The kings of the earth who had intercourse with her in their wantonness will weep and mourn over her when they see the smoke of her pyre.

News ppl...news was everywhere...and the smoke rolled out on 911

They will keep their distance for fear of the torment inflicted on her, and they will say: "Alas, alas, great city, Babylon, mighty city. In one hour your judgment has come."

AS Kerry said...ALL our allies are not behind us...where did they go? DO they fear the forces of terrorism?

The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn for her, because there will be no more markets 5 for their cargo:
their cargo of gold, silver, precious stones, and pearls; fine linen, purple silk, and scarlet cloth; fragrant wood of every kind, all articles of ivory and all articles of the most expensive wood, bronze, iron, and marble;
cinnamon, spice, 6 incense, myrrh, and frankincense; wine, olive oil, fine flour, and wheat; cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human beings.
"The fruit you craved has left you. All your luxury and splendor are gone, never again will one find them."

****Well, since they will never again rebuild the WORLD TRADE CENTER...AHEM..this makes sense...and BTW, all that was mentioned is trade. Trade with every nation. Where was the world's trade...THE WORLD TRADE CENTER..! Thats pretty clear..I would think

The merchants who deal in these goods, who grew rich from her, will keep their distance for fear of the torment inflicted on her. Weeping and mourning,
they cry out: "Alas, alas, great city, wearing fine linen, purple and scarlet, adorned (in) gold, precious stones, and pearls.

***Great city..? IS NY gr8? Is it filled with fine things from wealth? DO all ppls go there for the beauty, the wealth, the finery? IS it not also a city of much sin? That is matter of opinion, but I say it has sin...because the ppls do have a free for all. DO our allies fear terrorism? THE inflictions..?

In one hour this great wealth has been ruined." Every captain of a ship, every traveler at sea, sailors, and seafaring merchants stood at a distance
and cried out when they saw the smoke of her pyre, "What city could compare with the great city?"

****Again, WORLD TRADE..let that sink in..WORLD..." Every captain of a ship, every traveler at sea, sailors, and seafaring merchants stood at a distance." Key words...Every, captain, traveler, and merchants.

They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning: "Alas, alas, great city, in which all who had ships at sea grew rich from her wealth. In one hour she has been ruined.

****Again, if you do NOT think the world was invested in our investments...and tied in, then you should go see how stocks work.

Rejoice over her, heaven, you holy ones, apostles, and prophets. For God has judged your case against her."

****Holy ones...Babies we aborted? Saints...Babies we aborted?

[I]A mighty angel picked up a stone like a huge millstone and threw it into the sea and said: "With such force will Babylon the great city be thrown down, and will never be found again.
No melodies of harpists and musicians, flutists and trumpeters, will ever be heard in you again. No craftsmen in any trade will ever be found in you again. No sound of the millstone will ever be heard in you again.
No light from a lamp will ever be seen in you again. No voices of bride and groom will ever be heard in you again. Because your merchants were the great ones of the world, all nations were led astray by your magic potion.
In her was found the blood of prophets and holy ones and all who have been slain on the earth.

****This is yet to come...a tidal wave? A monstrous typhoon, hurricane...what? I dont know. BUT unless we get rid of our sins...and stop allowing such 'FREE CHOICES' we have yet to see in our maybe near future what will come.
BUT even if YOU say I am on drugs, matters not to me. BUT think about everything I showed you. Ponder on this...I researched alot of the issues b4 it became clear to me. Because much was confusing, until I learned more about the UN, how it works, and how it all tied in.
THE UN told us that there were NO WMD...did they not.
YET 380 tons disappeared b4 we got there...did they aid that effort?
Who has it now?

Does anyone question these things?

The UN has power from all nations, and they have no authority over themselves....

AND if this still makes no sense...then I am sorry. I did what I could.

I am a proud America...I just believe we need to actually be MORE awake to what is failing in our nation...and it is the rights for some, not for all. FOR babies have rights...we ignore their deaths.
Homosexuality is so against the Bible, but we again say 'Give them their rights'
WE need to take back our forefathers thoughts, and go back to what made us gr8, and stop letting those opposing God to make our laws.

I originally posted this elsewhere Oct 27th, 2004.

And this war, is going to happen regardless....best heed the Lord's advice, do NOT be anxious. Raise your eyes to Heaven, and KNOW He is on His way.

IF I am wrong, no harm done, if I am correct, I am giving everyone something to ponder and reflect on, and get your 'faith' back on track. Peace!!

56yrs • F •
I saved these two quotes for last..because they have meaning away from that which is.

They will fight with the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and king of kings, and those with him are called, chosen, and faithful."

The laws we have set up have become reversed.
Aethiests cry out we should remove all that is of God.
God is being removed from buildings filled with our laws...and the bible has been discreditted.
Laws are being fought to incluse the rights contrary to the Lord's teachings..etc.
Christians are the majority but facing the minority.
...(more on that with next quote. )

BUT God will make Himself known, even if it takes plaques as it did in Egypt...even if it takes punishment as it did in time of Noah and Soddom and Gemorrah.
GOD will win. We have history prooving He always has, and always will.

Look at the past year around the world...Hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, typhoons, mudslides, hail, tornadoes, Tropical storms...and much has occured the past few months alone. :disgust; These are warnings!!!
Call it global warming if you feel you must..but if faith is in keeping NOTHING is impossible with God. Neither punishments nor Protection thereof are of anything but from God.

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Depart from her, 4 my people, so as not to take part in her sins and receive a share in her plagues,

As christians, we MUST depart from the more secular laws being placed.
The laws under the guise of rights.
Remove yourself from applauding these acts.
Stay firm in your faith, and do not give into the 'Rights' of abortions and homosexuality.

They are and shall remain contrary to God's word.

IF you (AS KERRY does) say you have faith in the Word of God, but act defiantly opposed to it, you are no better than the sinner, for you allow the sin.

Remain true to God...and get out of the belief these are laws we must accept. Because you will share in the sins for those who partake in them.

Also posted this in Oct...I just copied everything I did to here..
I must have overlooked this forum somehow...

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^Revelation has been going on before revelation was written! The symbolic texts make it seem to be prophetical, but it's just ultimate truth....Mans corruption is constant revelation of his end...disagree?......So you think as a christian you're saved from the destruction that you're currently a part of?.....Christianity is the church of Laodecia..Neither hot nor Cold.... you deffrentiate yourself from the world therefore you're lost.... Consider yourself the world and not a part of it, and that's the only way you'll find the Creator....(don't think i'm tellin you to be cocky)<-religion already does that for you....but consider yourself as nature being destroyed daily by the principalities and powers, the dragon....and you'll see life!...

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There have been worst times...
Like the time the Fascists conquered 1/2 the world...
Like the time the Black Plague wiped out a one of three people of Europe...
Like the time the Mongols conquered (along with lots of raping and pillaging) everything east of hungary.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Be careful -

You may upset the cynical fear that drives so many people today.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in the freedom of speech and welcome other peoples opinions. But many opinions with very little fact is very unbelievable.

I read revelations several times, and I'll probably read it again soon, I don't ever remember it ever talking about abortion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Here's an interesting article relating to "end time prophecy"

I believe we are very close to the rapture....(disappearance of all christians from the earth)

http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html

All I can say....is....be prepared.....

"life is good! But sometimes the world gets in the way"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do believe that Korea is a threat. Without jumping into an arguement over politics and religion on your shared article - let me just say that if the world is meant to end by a nuclear holocost, then it will happen. In our attempt to stop it, we may cause it. I think Reagan got lucky in the cold war. He kept building two missles for every one missle Russia built, and they ended up almost going broke so instead agreed on Democracy and disarmament. There could have been an accident and almost was a time or two, even after the agreements. I think it is a dangerous path to take.

But you might find this interesting. By 2012 the Egyption Calender ends. Nobody knows what this means, some speculate it will be the end. If you want to learn more on this, just type 2012 in your search engine.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tootsie,

I am not a theologian but I have studied eschatology for many years and I can honestly tell you that the modern idea of the rapture is extra-biblical and even contradicts the teachings of St. Paul and St. John.

If for you rapture means that remaining saints will be caught up with Jesus when he returns to defeat the anti-Christ then I have no problem with that. But if you have been taught that the rapture means that God will mysteriously remove all Christians before the tribulation then you have been mislead.

"16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words."

1 Thessalonians 4.17

""In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"

(1 Corinthians 15:52).

The key word is the last trump!

Now look at Revelation:

"15The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: 'The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ,
and he will reign for ever and ever.' 16And the twentyfour elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17saying: 'We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign. 18The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name,
both small and great– and for destroying those who destroy the earth.' " (Revelation 11).

I hope this helps you understand the end-times better.

56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

"life is good! But sometimes the world gets in the way"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

My apologies in advance, as I plan on stepping on many Christian Fundamentalist toes.

'...As christians, we MUST depart from the more secular laws being placed. The laws under the guise of rights. Remove yourself from applauding these acts. Stay firm in your faith, and do not give into the 'Rights' of abortions and homosexuality. They are and shall remain contrary to God's word. IF you (AS KERRY does) say you have faith in the Word of God, but act defiantly opposed to it, you are no better than the sinner, for you allow the sin. Remain true to God...and get out of the belief these are laws we must accept. Because you will share in the sins for those who partake in them...'

This type of sentiment is what causes the so-called 'persecution' of Christianity today. To be frank, this type of self-righteous offensive twaddle, or as I term ' The UberFundie Manifesto', and the almost militant pursuit and forwarding of that ideology, has the rest of the world on the defensive. Quite literally, we feel we are being attacked. People with this type of mentality do not make good neighbors in the religious community. Like it or not, the world is made up of many Religions, Gods, Goddesses, Prophets, etc. Your God is but one of many, and we are quite happy and secure with our deities and religions, thank you. As long as people with the same agenda that you appear to support continue their active persecution, or as you term it 'salvation', of everyone else today, we will continue to 'bite back'. Instead of trying to beat the rest of the world over the head with large, blunt objects, I suggest trying to lead by example. Less messy, and less likely to force us to just tell you to 'Bugger Off!'

Pagans, by the very definition of the many traditions that comprise that term, consider the religions and beliefs of others to all have merit to those individuals and communities that follow those beliefs, and we respect and acknowledge all religions. Your idea of sin, Satan, and hell simply does not apply to us, only to those that follow your own belief structure, so don't bother trying to scare or coerce us with those empty threats. We have our own moral and theological checks and balances in place, and if our idea of what is expectable differs from yours, too bad.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy