As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities - Voltaite
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Canadian's Feelin the Love

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmmmmm, I think this is all BS.

First off we do not have "Senators" we have Premiers and a prime minister.

No time to read right now I will add some later.

46yrs • M
No time to read equals more opportunity to lose Liberties, meaning freedom. We all have priorities, but we won't fight against things we are unaware of.

"CanadasPatriotAct3

Canadas Bill C-7 is the latest piece of the CdnPoliceStateAgenda. This bill is the third version of it that they have tried to pass over the last 2 years: it was C-42 then C-55 then C-17, now called C-7. This bill is horrific: it gives unlimited power without parliamentary review to 8 different ministers in the form of interim orders, with an explicit exemption from the orders being examined for their legality or constitutionality. It gives these orders under the Quarantine Act, and provides National Defense with a reserve pool of military judges to prepare for the event of martial law, so it's truly frightening; all of us who have examined the bill feel it must be stopped by any means, although we recognize that stopping legislation in the Senate is rare and very difficult."

How familiar are you with any legislation ever passed?

I know I never know unless the news tells me, I hadn't heard of more Patriot Act legislation or Victory Acts, both multiple acts, untill I reviewed some independant press. And citizens actually concerned about civil liberties and the threat of a police state, the fond tool of Nazi's and Stalin's Russia. People who bothered to read the Acts in the first place.

I know the UK has this type of legislation either passed or long in the works too.

Once all this stuff gets passed, we'll need but one good terrorist incident to enact it all, that's it. Then its a police state. But since we are at war, even that isn't necessary.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/2/parlbus/chambus/house/bills/government/C-17/C
-17_3/C-17_cover-E.html

C-17

Second Session, Thirty-seventh Parliament,
51-52 Elizabeth II, 2002-2003

HOUSE OF COMMONS OF CANADA

BILL C-17

An Act to amend certain Acts of Canada, and to enact measures for implementing the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention, in order to enhance public safety

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

AS PASSED BY THE HOUSE OF COMMONS
OCTOBER 7, 2003

46yrs • M
If this information is important to you please Patriot Acts Across the Globe thread.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=33921-u-frmid=1

46yrs • M
Bow to Henry Kissinger

Foreign Troops on our Soil
'Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government.'
Henry Kissinger speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992

46yrs • M
S'more lovin for the nicest neighbors in the world. Ann Coulter style.

http://mediamatters.org/static/video/cc-200412010011.wmv

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've made it a nightly habit of watching Jon Stewart these days, haha..it didn't help much last night reading TIME and wondering how the pseudo-elections tomorrow in Iraq are going to go. Comedy Central: It keeps your liberal sanity.

=)

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 46yrs • M
Did you see him on crossfire?

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dammit, I didn't, how was that?
It sounded pretty tense,

That skit he did about the LET'S GO: IRAN was awesome, oh man what a good laugh can do when you're in the shits.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 46yrs • M
Hmm, I posted it somewhere and can't remember where I found it at the moment, but its here somewhere.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy